Everything Flora Flex

I bought the coco blocks from floraflex.
https://floraflex.com/product/potpro-8-cube/

2 Likes

I was so hoping I would!!!

1 Like

Tent build using flora flex system is almost complete and ready for set up, waiting on the reservoir.
Just got the reservoir lid and the tray today.

I want to let anyone know who has a 2x4 tent that the

2x4 botanicare tray GT24X44X7W (OD = outside dimension ) will fit in 2x4 unlike the…

2x4 botanicare tray GT24X48X7W ( ID = inside dimension) with a lip and true inside dimensions.

5 Likes

March is approaching fast! So the questions begin.
I’m trying to figure out the best spacing for the 2x4 area in the tent.
First tent grow I want my plants to have enough room to grow but, I also want to maximize the area if possible.
@chris_barfield help!

4 Likes

I would do the checkerboard or the three on top or three on bottom … the space you can manipulate by training or focusing on man in branches… but honestly if your going for yield I would focus on one or two and top the shot out of them multiple times and veg a bit longer your yeild
Will be crazy … if you don’t want to do the then trellis those thangs

5 Likes

Thanks @chris_barfield I can always count on you!
I think I will take your advice and do two at a time for maximum yield.
I read somewhere that a light source will produce the same amount whether using multiple plants or not.
So maybe I can get the two plants to produce the weight of three?
Anyway as I start to put this thing together I hope you don’t mind me calling on you? I do value and trust your opinion! Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

No worries and yes one light source can do whatever you want it to do … my fluence is 330 watts and two plants gave me 2 ounces short of a lb and I didn’t even train … it’s all about how you train and care for your plants

3 Likes

Now I’m even more excited!

2 Likes

Yea just trellis and keep bending those branches under the trellis every new chute will be a potential cola

2 Likes

I ordered a 20 gallon reservoir & lid from X hydro - supply through amazon on feb 12th.
I received the lid but never the reservoir. Its taken all this time to get another ship date so I’m still waiting.
It should show up this week.
Has anyone else had any issues with this company before?

I hope you’re able to harvest a gram/watt or more!
With that ES 300, that’d be a lot of weight! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

I’m hoping for a descent quantity! We will have to see how it goes! Cross your toes for me!

3 Likes

Ok I just finished the tent setup and boy do I wish my arms would have been longer!
I couldn’t install my extension that came with the tent because my ceiling wasnt high enough.
I haven’t started hooking up or plugging in anything yet because I’m not healthy enough to do everything at once, plus…
I know I’m going to run into a problem when its time to find a way to vent outside from the basement.
So next its either the light, jetfan, flora flex quick disconnect, carbon filter, air pump, flora flex water lines, dehumidifier is too small so I’m gonna run a hose from the back to a bucket to drain so I’m not laboring to empty every eight hours.
Reservoir scheduled for delivery today, it just showed up!
I’m not sure what to tackle next (any advice)?

6 Likes

You won’t need the tent extension for that ES300 anyway. I’d setup the filter and fan at the top next!
And just use the adjustable ropes that came with light, you don’t need the cable setup!

1 Like

I can set up the filter and fan but I won’t be able to vent it yet.

Let me see if I got what your telling me…

I have (metal)&(black) cords that came with the lights & tent.

I was going to use the black straps that came with the gorilla tent to hold the fan & filter.

Then I planned to use the other black straps to hang the light.

Is this what you were referring to?

3 Likes

Yep. The metal cables are really for huge growing spaces…
Why are you venting outside your basement?

1 Like

You don’t think I need too?
Mainly because I thought it was important to vent fresh air.
Also because I was worried about the basement getting too humid and creating mold.

Are you still running your grobo in your 2x4 or the three plants you had?
How are you liking the ES 300?

I moved my Grobo out of the tent, and into the garage once I started my living soil grows. The plant that was growing in it would probably be finishing up right about now (and make for some great forum pics), but I abandoned it to grow some basil per my wife’s request. :frowning:
I’m not sure what your basement’s environment is, but that little 2x4 tent shouldn’t add any more RH to the air than is already there, so mold and humidity should not be a concern unless it already is.
As far as fresh air, that gorilla grow tent has a little flap on the back that can be placed in various positions to allow air in. Basement air should be fine…
I started my seedlings without any tent openings or fans on (for maximum temperature and RH), and used a humidifier. Once they were established, I started my inline fan at the lowest setting, but left the tent sealed. It creates a slight negative pressure (supposedly good for plants), but still has plenty of air flowing into the tent. As they’ve gotten bigger, I’ve increased the fan’s speed to combat the smell, and opened the back air vent accordingly. Make sense? I can send pics or a video if you’d like. I also ditched the humidifier, and will use a de-humidifier as my plants get further along into flower.
The ES300 rocks! But be careful, it’s very easy to burn your plants (I’ve already done it).
I use a wattage meter to keep track of how strong my light is, because its so easy to turn up too high.
I averaged about 120 watts for germination, 150-170 for veg, and will increase 10-20 watts each week in flower.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m still not sure what I will do about venting, id really like to not have any environmental issues if I can help it.
My basement suffered mold issues in the past from gutters on the house being removed and never adding new ones for years until it bowed the walls
and I have no drainage in the basement at all, my wash machine is hooked right into the pipeline.
Also I didnt want my harvest to smell like a basement the way my clothes do if I leave them down there too long.
I admit the basement smell is getting better though and I could probably use a air purifier to make it better but I have been running the Dehumidifier for two days now and it seems to be really helping.
The ES300 will have to be run on the lowest setting until I can figure out how & when to change the settings. I’m definitely green when it comes to lighting, although I have been watching videos there’s nothing like the actual experience.

And yes yes and yes to any pics or video you want to share, I love to learn!
Are you thinking about using any of the flora flex to automate your watering system?

2 Likes