Community Grow Photos

She’s day 24, I’m thinking I’m going to top it day 26 didn’t want to do it to early. When did you first top yours?

Dwarf Low Flyer now at 20 days from planting seed. Lots of growth during this 3rd week.

6 Likes

That looks awesome! Once the tap root hits the water you see a ton of growth :muscle:

4 Likes

@bjorn nice to see your still on the forum haha haven’t seen ya post in a while lol … naw just kidding man your running a company lol def a busy man…

2 Likes

Those fan leaves are huge !! I heard that you can control the size of fan leaves by humidity … I think it’s like the more hot it is the more the plant needs to sweat so it grows bigger to release more … but don’t quote I read all that while I was stoned and could be saying it backwards…

1 Like

Haha ya I’m still alive! There are so many posts it’s almost a full time job just reading everything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@chris_barfield Yeah I thought those leaves looked big–quite wide, especially. Some photos of this strain show they run wider than some others, but mine might be the widest I’ve seen. I’m new to growing so I don’t know what that means for the ultimate yield.

3 Likes

@Cornholio well just look at it like this … your fan leaves are the factories of your plant … they do the whole photosynthesis thing plus help bring up water throughout the system as well as breathe for your plant and sweat for your plant … so if you grow room is hot I think the fan leaves will grow bigger to help the plant “sweat” so controlling that might help but it could be genetics … @Osage would know more cuz I could be wrong

2 Likes

Hey Chris, I’m gonna let @Stephen take this one. There are a lot of variables with your questions, and I don’t want to confuse you. Essential most of what you said was a yes but the hotter your environment gets the more interesting this question gets. Stephen is the man so without further ado…:+1::v::beer:

3 Likes

And @Stephen, sorry if that sounded bad ( “I’m gonna let Stephen) no disrespect intended. I saw the message in my head and realized how easy one could take it the wrong way. Much respect brother, much respect. :+1::beers:

1 Like

Hey @chris_barfield & @Osage,

Yep, you are right on for most of this. I’ve not heard of controlling fan leaf size by humidity, did you see a trial or scientific paper somewhere?

Here is an advanced piece for you to mull over…VPD or Vapor Pressure Deficit is really interesting, check it out. It basically measures how easy it is for your plant to breathe.

A high vapor pressure deficit means grow room air has the capacity to hold a lot more water than is already in it.
Your marijuana plants will transpire more water out of their tissues into the air.

A low vapor pressure deficit means that grow room air is at or near moisture saturation.
Your marijuana plants will be much less able to transpire water out of their tissues into the air.

A chart showing the ideal range and the formula to calculate your own VPD can be found here. Don’t worry to much about all of this science stuff, it is a plant and it wants to grow. :wink:

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

I think what you were saying is tied Into what I read … it wasn’t a scientific article or anything just something on thctalk.com

3 Likes

Sorry about photo. Trying to play more with journal. Day 21 is looking good on 2nd grow. Woot woot

7 Likes

Nice!!

2 Likes

VPD: Temperature and humidity in cannabis cultivation

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grinning::green_thumb:

5 Likes

Should I be concerned about the spots on some leaves? In person these look brighter than in the pick, yellowish in color. The leaf with the most and brightest spots is actually hidden under the bottom leaf in this pic.

3 Likes

@Cornholio Check your humidity and temps inside the grobo but I would send a ticket they probly have to adjust your ph !!

1 Like

Thanks @chris_barfield, I’ve turned in a ticket to support at Grobo.

1 Like

What did you buy for the ScrOG setup? I want!

1 Like

Hey @JBizzle

I used some magnets to hold it in place and repurposed an old shoe rack with some snips and cut it to size. Here’s a thread talking about it. I’m using stronger magnets now from this original post below.:point_down:

3 Likes