Blueberry cookies (2nd grow)

Went with blueberry cookies strain (blueberry X GSC) from garden of green for my second grow. 1st seed popped in 6 days :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Cute little girl! Got the same fans inside my Grobo and my seedling looks about the same as yours… twins! :slight_smile: Looks like I got a couple of people growing along side my timeline give or take a day or two, fun!

Sounds like a good strain… they just dropped the original “Blueberry” in my state… I want to try to seek that one out. People are saying it smells just like blueberries, I wonder if they got the legit genetics :slight_smile: Either way, all the cookies family makes nice dense buds so you might have some fruity pebbles on your hands!

8 Likes

Congrats! Wow, that sounds delicious!

4 Likes

A few update pics :slight_smile: she is an auto, and she has been topped! Pistols already popping so she’s ready to flower soon! I’m thinking I’m going to extend transition by another week and lollipop on the the water change going into flower.

6 Likes

3 weeks into flower

7 Likes

Hey guys! Looking for some input. Pretty much all my fan leaves are curling up at the tips and turning brown. I’m not sure what the issue is. I didn’t have a problem like this with my first grow. I checked the ph probe and that checked out to be fine. At this time only hydroguard has been used throughout the grow as an addition to the grobo nutes lineup. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I also feel like it is a bit too early for this to be a natural process as by estimate I have a around 4 weeks of flowering to go

2 Likes

What have your temps been like inside there? I was just looking it up and it might be a potential heat stress indicator.

Also, maybe over fertilization of nutrients. Are you using any additives besides Grobo nutrients?

Not really sure! You’re correct in thinking it’s a little early for the leaves to be doing stuff like that.

Also, a pH health check might be something to look in to. I know it’s annoying to get to the probe when the plant is that big but might be something to think about.

1 Like

Temps have actually been much better than my first grow since it’s been colder here. Generally with lights on the temps range from 72-75 and during lights off dips to around 68-70. I use hydroguard and nothing else besides the grobo nutes. And I did run a probe check and it said the probe was accurately calibrated and didn’t need further action

1 Like

Dang… hmm… well I know it has been said in various places on the net in my travels that some autos do not like over fertilization… Temps seem perfectly fine, no extra nutrients, and pH check worked…

Man I don’t know!! Champions!?

@Bplatinum9 @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo @vegetato

2 Likes

How much is she drinking? Have you noticed more required to top up mid-week? It might just need more frequent top-ups.

Looks like nutrient burn. Is it still progressing into the leaf or did it stop? No other marks elsewhere?

3 Likes

I found something on Google that said leaves curling up might be trying to retain moisture… maybe that’s related to the top offs?

2 Likes

I’ve been topping off usually every morning or every other morning and it’s usually pretty consistent amount being taken up. Keeping humidity at 45-48% pretty consistently too.

For the most part it seems like it’s limited to the tips, I’m not seeing a whole lot of anything further in on the leaves but this is a problem that just started in the past couple days so I’m trying to tackle it before it becomes a bigger issue

4 Likes

What’s the humidity been like out of curiosity? Any chance it has been very low in the past few days? Just spitballin.

DERP* i see now

4 Likes

Only other immediate thought is the water source – did you buy a different brand of distilled water or anything like that? In the past I’ve mistakenly purchased “spring water” instead of “distilled water” for example. Using varying water sources like that seemed to cause wild/mixed/random results (and was getting expensive/wasteful) so I picked up a water distiller and make my own now (and that’s seemed to help keep the “water source” variable consistent). If you’re using tap or distilling your own water or using r/o water that’s probably not applicable here.

If it’s not the water itself another thing could just be a mis-dosing of nutrients for some reason. If you recently swapped an empty nutrient bottle for a full bottle perhaps it just needs another drain/fill to properly dispense. You could try doing another drain/fill to rule out something in the water (or not in the water) being the problem.

Edit: also, mark the nutrient bottles before that next drain/fill to get a good read on how much nutrients it is using. Perhaps the issue is it’s not dosing at all - is the drain/fill completing properly (you don’t have to unplug it to get the green light to go out do you?).

4 Likes

Been using the same distilled water since my first grow so I don’t think that’s the issue. I think maybe you’re right and I should do another drain and fill to see if that does the trick… how soon would I see a turnaround if that’s the issue?

3 Likes

As fast as you noticed it change it should change back, I’d say within 24-48 hours of water change, probably the next morning. If the leaves are “praying” that’s a good sign.

2 Likes

So my nutes 3,4 are almost done anyway so changed them out. But question is could the nutes be a problem? Do they go bad? The last bit of 4 is cloudy and not clear and 3 has turned to a brownish red color similar to bottle 5 rather than the green. Here’s a pic though it doesn’t do it justice based on what I can see in person

2 Likes

@catnamedkringle,

…

• (#ShakeBottles): {Search :mag:}:

• (I Agree With @SWSVIC On Shaking Nutrience Before Your [Drain/Fills] -Because- I Also Noticed Nutrience Sediments At The Bottom Of The Bottles): (-Causing- Miss Colorations At The End Of The Run): (Grobo Has Also Changed Their Chemical [“SecretSauce”] Compound In Their Nutrience Over Time):

…

…

• (#NutrienceShelfLife):

…

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

…

• (The [#3, 4, 5] Should Drain Equally): (I Would Just Even Them Out Manually):

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

…

• (I Totally Know Where You Are Comming From): (All I Have Is Keep Both Sensors Cleaned Before Your [Drain/Fill]): (Keep [Topping-Up] Three Days After Fill -Or- As Needed): (Make Sure Your Nutes Dispenses Properly): (Shake Nutes Before [Drain/Fill]):

- - -

@catnamedkringle,

…

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

Did the new drain and fill about 12 hours ago now, no improvement yet. If anything may be a tad bit worse, but still just the tips. All bottles seem to have dispensed appropriately and I used new bottles 3,4. Hopefully all goes well

2 Likes