AYAHUASCA Purple- First Grow in grobo vs Incredible Bulk in closet

When you transplant, bury most of that stem. It’s too thin to support the top growth in the future :+1::v:

2 Likes

Ooooo thanks. I’ll do that this weekend. I was going to transplant Into 5g bucket. Are the leaves at the bud sites typically darker, I have been trying to figure out how do I know which leaves I can trim away?

1 Like

You’ll start trimming after transplant. Right around 3-4weeks later. Topping sooner.

1 Like

Today the grobo emptied bottle #4 into the reservoir. Is that normal? I’ll at day 10 of early veg. I have another grow kit, but I didn’t think that I would need it.

Not normal submit a ticket asap!

3 Likes

What an awesome service. My replacement #4 bottle is on the way already. Thank you! I can’t make it bike for 2 more days to change the water. I’m hoping that she can hang in there until Friday when I get back.

1 Like

So I made it back home today and got the water changed. She was just starting to show some stress spots I think. But this growth is much closer together than the soil grow for certain. I think I’m going to get a better quality product this trial.

I’ve decide to work on bending the main stem of the soil grow, and lollipop . I’ll take pics after that attempt.

1 Like

5 Likes

So, things are moving along well. The nutrient overdosing issue was caught just in time. I’m still thinking of trimming of of the leaves at the bottom that seem to not be coming back so well.

After the late veg stage it’s in now, what will the grobo do next? I think it will need more veg days than what I I see left.

Incredible Bulk upload coming tonight, I haven’t seen the height increase yet since I’ve topped it the first time. Definitely growth outwards.

3 Likes

Decided to extend the Veg cycle and run through it again. My plant didn’t have the height compared to most of the plants I’ve seen on the blogs. I topped and I clearly cut too far down the node. Also I was out of town for a week and neither plant got the water they needed.

The incredible bulk suffered from lack of water, and is now recovering. I’m really hoping to see some vertical growth this week.

![image|375x500]

6 Likes

I have 4 days left in the extended vegetation cycle. Does anyone think I need to push out the late transition further? This baby definitely has a heavy aroma. I’m not sure how tall I need to let it get before switching over.

I decided to move the incredible bulk outside. I’m happy with the growth so far. It’s been outside for 4 days so far. Growth is pretty good, and the limbs are really thickening up. The next few days are going to be really pretty warm, I’m keeping an eye on it.

5 Likes

@Nathan,

If this plant is not a tall breed: I would keep it in LateVeg Stage until it hits the 2nd fan, then let it go to Transition Stage: Just my opinion:

Ayahuasca Purple from Barney’s Farm features:

Indoor flowering: 50 days. Outdoor harvest: mid September. Height : 1-1.5 metres. THC: 21%

((#?)):

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=meter+to+feet+conversion

--

I’m just copying what I get from the internet: Maybe @Stephen can give us some enlightenment on the height we can get from the plant: Second grow from the same breed could help on if it’s going to be too tall for the Grobo: If there is no doubt it is too tall for the Grobo, then the recipe should come with a warning sign for the Grower: :warning:

:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! @SilverGrobo Would you consider this tall or short from that range? I was thinking I’d let it go to the second fan as well. I’m happy the growth just rapidly increased in the last week.

2 Likes

Your plant reaches 100 - 150 cm in flowering. Like @SilverGrobo, I recommend growing to the second fan in veg and letting flower do the rest, if it gets too big in flower then use supercropping.

4 Likes

Thanks !

2 Likes

She hit the second fan, and is now in day 5 of transition mode. I haven’t trimmed any leaf that was brown so far. I’m hesitant to start clipping away at fan leaves. Should I leave it be for now?

7 Likes

No, now is the time to lollipop, and fet rid of the top fan leaves covering bud sites. I’d also fim/top as many sites as I could find to garner as many bud sites to develop as possible :+1::v:

7 Likes

Lots of trimming going on w everyone’s grows :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I took the plunge and started removing the larger fan leaves at the top of the Purple. I removed some of the lower ones also that were turning a little yellow. I can’t tell if I went overboard yet. No signs of hatred since I completed 2 days ago. I can just start to see white fiber like tenticles appearing on it. I think I’ll have to tie up some of the branches for support. The outdoor grow, has a stalk closer to diameter of a nickel. Is that because of age, or growth indoors? Might be easier for me to figure out if I’d planted two of same strain.

The incredible bulk is staying outside at this point for the last couple of week. Flowering is going well, I’ve removed a few more of the fan leaves on this one as well. With the exposure to sunlight this thing has taken off. I’m just going to keep an eye on them both and leave alone at this point. I feel like I dont have an in between. I was afraid to remove too many leaves, but I ended up with 2 medium sized piles for both.

6 Likes

Looks good well done :+1:

3 Likes