Auto not flowering

Hey Grobo Team,

I’m writing as I’ve been attempting to grow my first Auto — Jack Herer Auto from Canuk.

The issue is that she’s yet to flower. We’re on day 19 of 23 and I’ve noticed the lights are always on, or seem to be. Where as our Indica, non-Auto the lights are now turning off.

Is it possible to see if the light schedule is off? And do you recommend extending the Flower time?

Thanks,
Scott

2 Likes

Settings light schdule . Autos are 16 on 8 off all the time. Photo period as your other is are 20 on 4 off then 12 12

1 Like

Thanks Todd, I just checked and it’s set to 18hr on. I’ll adjust to the 16/8 schedule.

Leave it at whatever its at its correct i assure you

1 Like

Hey @ScottM just to confirm. You are using an “auto” recipe for your auto Jack correct? There is no recipe for it specifically so you should be running the generic auto recipe pictured below.

1 Like

If not, wait until you speak with @Stephen or another team member before switching or adjusting anything.

@SWSVIC great question. At first I did use the wrong recipe. I ended the first grow and chose the recipe you highlighted. I’ll hold off on changing until we hear more for the team. Thanks for the input everyone.

2 Likes

@ScottM,

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

• (Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing): :infinity:

(ForAutoInformation): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#Auto)): ((#NotAnAutoGrow)): :video_camera:

• (:warning: If your seed is “not an [auto seed]” and you choose ‘an [auto recipe]’ it will stay in veg. stage forever and ever):

• ((#Auto))::video_camera:

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/ultimate-grow-guide-video-new-release/2627

Introduce yourself - #147 by Azuri - Welcome - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Autoflower setting? - #7 by Stephen - Welcome - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Autoflower setting? - #9 by Stephen - Welcome - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Auto-Flower question - #5 by SilverGrobo - Grow Techniques - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Auto-Flower question - #6 by Stephen - Grow Techniques - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=auto

Critical purple auto - #9 by Bplatinum9 - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Critical purple auto - #11 by vegetato - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Critical purple auto - #13 by vegetato - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

Critical purple auto - #17 by vegetato - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

--

:infinity:

--

:infinity:

• (See if you can save the rest of this one, by switching to [Photoperiod] and move the Schedule to [Flower]): (Just do your best to keep the Top away from the [:bulb:] Light): :white_check_mark: :green_thumb:

--

4 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo well that certainly matches what’s happening. she just keeps vegging out. Appreciate the links, going to look into next steps, hopefully I can clone her and restart as a non-Auto.

2 Likes

How tall is it? Can’t quite tell from pics. You may be able to just switch your light schedule and send it into flower. It is going to stretch during transition so if it’s much taller than the second grobo fan, you’d be better off using her as a mother as you suggested.

1 Like

Here’s a pic, it’s about 11 inches from the light. Seems like there’s enough room to try and force it to flower.

Would you recommend leaving it in the Auto Flower stage but manually overriding the Light Setting to 12/12?

2 Likes

Afraid not my man, that sativa will stretch and unfortunately out grow the box. @Bplatinum9 @Russel_Richardson @SilverGrobo @vegetato @Todd.grobo what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

If you have an auto-flowering strain that is not maturing, try switching from the standard 18-6 schedule to a 12-12 schedule just like for photoperiod cannabis plants. The longer nights can help encourage plants to finish flowering sooner if you have one that’s taking too long.

Important Note: Reducing light hours means lower yields. Switching from 12/12 to 14/10 shouldn’t make a significant change, but it’s still something to consider when you’re making that decision.

4 Likes

Damn you’re quick with the research B :sunglasses::muscle:

3 Likes

Hopefully he chose the right recipe for the seed he planted.

3 Likes

Wondering if a different (photoperiod) seed got mixed in with his pack. If so it will obviously stretch, if not and it is indeed an auto, I wonder if it will also stretch when he adjusts lighting schedule. I would take some cuttings to clone and switch the schedule to flower. Will take a couple weeks for clones to root, plenty of time to see what the plant is going to do. (Not an explicit recommendation, just a hypothetical “if it were me” statement haha).

1 Like

Thanks everyone. @SWSVIC I’ve been thinking the same, despite the packaging stating it’s an Auto, it seems to be a photoperiod mixed in. I like the idea of cloning and switching the light and see if it flowers. Worst case, I’ll have a slight head start on a couple of other plants. I’ll keep this thread alive and continue to post the results.

5 Likes

Awesome, look forward to watching!

3 Likes

Quick update. Decided to end the grow, restart as a non-auto and advance the schedule to the flower stage. It’s now on a 12/12 schedule. I’ll post pics if she starts to flower.

Thanks again all on the advice and thanks to the Grobo support team as well. Always learning with this hobby.

3 Likes

If you’re going to take cuttings do so before she goes into flower. Far easier to manage.

2 Likes