6th grow - Cinderella-99 FAST - HARVESTED

Hey Vegtato, mind posting a pic of the entire plant? Would like to check out your lollipopping.

1 Like

This is the closest angle I have in any recent pics. There are no leaves below what you see there, they were finished being removed a few weeks ago.

4 Likes

If anyone noticed this and was wondering what it was, it’s not some device or addon – that’s a pen cap stuffed into the rubber grommet/cap on the end of the fan. I have a replacement fan to go in after this grow, but for now just shoved that there to shut it up (makes a ticking/squealing sound otherwise). :laughing:

I run without a carbon filter to keep any airflow restriction to a minimum. The room smells quite a bit but that air gets exhausted out of a window.

3 Likes

Appreciate it, she really exploded on you!

McGuyver :muscle:

1 Like

Oh yeah! Stress really brings out the production in these plants if they recover quick and stay happy. The ones that were bent the most times seem to be the frostiest.

2 Likes

That’s great to know. She really did stretch out!

Here’s the lollipop view:

4 Likes

DAY 106: Flush (Day 8 /17)

She’s still putting on a bit of weight so I’ve extended flush another week.

My new hypothesis for why some of the fan leaves are curling inward is heavily leaning toward it being an overabundance of nitrogen (N). It’s not limited to high-temp areas and the only problem is that they are curling up. The thought is it happened because I used too much sensi cal-mag xtra.

5 Likes

Awesome point of reference :facepunch: I love the “tension” training, did you use a heavy monofilament as a tie down? Did it “cut-in” to the plant at all?

Here’s the info on what I use to tie them with. This stuff is really cheap, seems to last forever and is pretty easy to work with. Plus it stays out of pics fairly well.

I tie little noose knot around a stem then tighten it so it’s not tight but not loose then tie it down to a magnet.

If you’ve seen those homemade bracelets that kids/people craft, this is one of the materials used in that.

4 Likes

Pro-tips! Definitely remember that material from being a child in the 90’s. Love the idea of “softening” the magnets so not to scratch the walls.

3 Likes

This is looking great! Very tall grow but stout! How’s your Grobo unit doing thus far after 5 previous grows? Any issues with it or repairs taken place?

1 Like

This is actually the 3rd for me in this unit and the 4th in my other. I’ve been doing 2 grows concurrently for the past few grows (two units). This one was a used unit and the prior owner had at least one or two grows in it.

As for repairs:

• Replaced the light in my newer unit early on, it was shutting off over and over throughout the day when it shouldn’t have been.
  • Replaced the top fan when it started squeaking, and have another replacement ready to put into this unit when I’m done the grow.
    • There is a pen cap wedged in there currently, it’s visible in some of the pics in this post.

The pH probe is looking a little rough and suspect but it’s been calibrating fine. There’s some bits of crud floating in it and it looks horrible but it does seem to be working properly. Will continue to use it until it doesn’t calibrate correctly but judging by the older one they might last for quite some time even with some mild abuse.

2 Likes

That’s good news! So only the light in the new unit? I would assume that’s warranty if you bought it new?

Yes, thankfully it was!

1 Like

The unit looks simple to work on, is there any sort of repair manual for it? Just thought I’d ask

1 Like

There isn’t one single manual, but they do send out a PDF describing how to do the repair. I’ve seen a few of them shared in a post here and there, might find them in the search.

2 Likes

I’ll read up on that thanks so much

1 Like

Great questions and answers, thanks you two :facepunch:

1 Like