Running out of space..day 70

So I am on day 70 overall (day 11 into flower phase) using generic sativa recipe. Super lemon haze strain (Sativa).

Overall she is looking very healthy and buds are starting to come in nicely. Only problem that is concerning me is the space issue. I still have a long while until harvest and already nearing the top. Should I be worried about this? Anything I can do? I have already pushed the coco pod through the cover a few days ago. It shouldn’t keep growing height wise, right? Please help! Thanks!!

4 Likes

You should be ok. You can pull the buds away from 5he lights or bend them away if they keep going but you look ok

4 Likes

If they get to close super cropping is an option also. I have same problem and super cropped 5 branches. It’s doing really good.

4 Likes

I am on day 14 of flowering stage. Day 72 overall. Is it too late to super crop the 2 main stalks that are closest to the top? When is the cutoff for super cropping? Thanks

1 Like

Super-cropping is best done during the vegetative stage, once the plant has grown many healthy branches and is growing vigorously, but before it is full into the flowering stage. Try moving some branches away from the light. Use magnets from Grobo to hold to the 3 sides of your unit. Depending on the strain you could still super-crop if all else fails.

1 Like

Seems like it’s still steadily growing height. Is this normal? Anything I can do at this point? I am over 3 weeks into flowering. Please help

4 Likes

I use this stuff, it’s a stretchy wire used to craft bracelets with:
https://www.amazon.com/Pepperell-Rexlace-Plastic-Craft-White/dp/B0017G9UIY

I make a noose or lasso around somewhere on the branch, and pull it into place (so the plant is moved away from light) then tie it down to one of these:

I put some packing tape on the magnet side to not scratch the grobo walls. :paintbrush:

Here’s an example from a few days ago – I’ve got one magnet on each of the side and rear walls with a few lines running from them to somewhere near the top of the plant:

This pic is dark but shows how to grab it low and just drag it against the wall or into a corner:

The magnets can be moved around to adjust the tension or pull it to a different side.

4 Likes

Pulling some of those down more will help, a lot more tension… not enough to snap but as much as they’ll give.

2 Likes

Ok I will try to tighten the tension in the wire to hold the main branches down better away from the light. Def wasn’t expecting it grow this tall so fast. Thanks for the advice

If it starts getting unmanageable, is it smart to cut off the tops that are touching the light To focus the energy on the lower buds? This is my first grow so this has been a learning process from the beginning

1 Like

I only cut the top off as a last resort as it stresses them out a lot when they are in flower to do that. I actually snapped the top off on a recent grow while trying to bend it down and I’m pretty sure she never really got over it (6th grow - Cinderella-99 FAST - HARVESTED - #17 by vegetato - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more).

You can reroute them to face downward/under and the leaves will reorient themselves to face upward again within a day or so. Don’t worry about keeping them in the light when training, you can open up spots of light to where they end up in a few days etc.

3 Likes

Great setup!

1 Like

@SteveO I have 3 weeks left of flowering and just super cropped some branches. Too tall to tide to the sides.

4 Likes