Veg Garden 2021

do you ever trim that asparagus when it seeds like that?

3 Likes

Ideally, asparagus should be cut back in the fall but it is important that you wait until all of the foliage has died back and turned brown or yellow. This will normally happen after the first frost.

4 Likes

Lord please give me the peace and serenity in my life one day to have a garden and green thumb like this one day!

@Mpower11 magical garden you have there.

5 Likes

I find having my garden gives me peace and serenity it started out small and it keeps getting bigger so Start with something small that you can handle and enjoy so it’s doesn’t feel like work. :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you for the encouraging words I am currently only 21 so I hope to mature into this when I get my own plot of land can not beat fresh veggies and meds!

5 Likes

You can do it, just don’t get a lot of dogs. :rofl: I can’t grow anything outback even putting up little fences and trying to block off things. They still get in and dig it up, I stopped even trying outback. :grinning: I would like to grow tomatoes, cucumbers all spreading out and other things, just not going to happen.

5 Likes

Dogs can surely cause issues there but its company from dogs over a really big garden to me, after all they are mans best friend!

4 Likes

You’re never too young to start I’m in the in the agriculture business since I was 13.

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Cheers to you sir :cocktail:, and thank you for giving me pointers on my plant along the way I am looking at a mid December harvest if everything goes as planned.

4 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!!! I’m in tears! If everyone could have a yard like this the world would be a better place!!! :rose::pray::sunglasses::100::trophy:

8 Likes

So summer BBQ at @Mpower11 next year :slight_smile: back yard tenting all around! LOL Free farm hands!

6 Likes

Smash burgers on the Blackstone for everyone!!

5 Likes

I already booked my stay for summer camp, I would love to learn all the ins outs and techniques of gardening :grinning: :grin:

3 Likes

Go on YouTube and watch and learn. There are even full growing classes and so much more.

2 Likes

Garden 2022 is going to be fun

Protecting the lettuce from the cold nights!! Last year I picked my final lettuce around Dec 10th

6 Likes

That is awesome to have a veggie harvest in December, and for it to be as simple as putting a bin over them! Very cool stuff, what are your temps right now where you live?

3 Likes

Nights have been dropping to 30 without wind chill…

The bins are nice when it snows they can take the weight of the snow… Knocks out the wind… alittle straw on the ground helps keep it warm also…

4 Likes

@Mpower11 that is super impressive. I love the garden. I was showing my wife this morning. What a journey it must be. Really cool :sunglasses:.

5 Likes

Amazing :star_struck: way cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks it’s a lot of work but it’s my happy place

5 Likes