Veg Garden 2021

Building some new bed’s getting ready… @Todd.grobo style

Waiting on a few amendments to come in

Here is the start…

22 Likes

Holy cow! Serious operation about to start there. Can’t wait to see it in action! :fist_right:t2::+1:t2:

11 Likes

No kidding! That’s gonna be awesome @Mpower11 you are psyched!

7 Likes

Very impressive Mark. Its going to look killer. Any permanent plants or trees going in there?
I love your using gaia green. I might switch some of my more rare houseplants to it.

7 Likes

Literally there is Cow and horse shit in there also…hahaha

8 Likes

You know it

7 Likes

I thought you would like that… Worm Castings I switched to a different brand only because of cost… I would be buying shares in Gaia Green if I bought there worm castings… I’m adding 400 Ibs of casting to 4 beds… I got these from a local manufacture

Yes phase 2 is mini fence (keep the dogs out) with boxwoods combo… Plus adding tree’s… Plan still in the works

6 Likes

Nice. What trees are you planting ? That will be q sweet garden when fully developed for many years of value

5 Likes

Honestly not really sure just yet… My wife is in charge of that part of the project… She is the designer… I’m the muscle and in charge of amendment… I removed 12 inch’s of sand / gravel and replaced with new soil etc… I have to watch what I’m doing long term because I don’t want trees shading the Garden…

If you have a idea I’m all ears

6 Likes

last week we had snow and frost… Clipped the plants a bit

All top dressed with 444 and WormCast!!!

Here is my Winter Garlic 40 cloves

Here is my asparagus

Strawberry’s

Raspberry’s

13 Likes

Nice garlic. Cant get it to grow myself. Have the rest. Currants really fill out large dont place near other plants. Blueberries and strawberries will start to spread like the raspberries. Hope you like fruit all over your garden hahahha. I finally have asparagus after years pf getting it to try and take. I dont even make it with it into the house to it.

Looks awesome man. Super jelly of your climate

7 Likes

I was fighting that last year… This year the whole bed will be strawberry and raspberries contained to that area… We even had to transplant strawberry around the bed to get them back in control last fall…

It took my asparagus crowns about 3 seasons to really produce like crazy… I’m thinking about moving the crown to a different location in the garden… I hate the foliage and berries being so tall at the location it’s at in the bed all summer…

6 Likes

Asparagus takes 3 years to crop on planting. You might be eating by year 2 but usually long and skinny. Year 3 is fat and full of colour.
If you have wood chips they are the best mulch for the top of your raspberries. Keeps em in line a little better too. Considered a lemon or avocado tree?

6 Likes

I have heard that about raspberries but I haven’t tried it before.

I would love to grow avocados… I would in a heart beat if I could but Lemons and avocado’s are not in my Zone. A few years back I bought plants from outside inside in the fall and I promised myself I would never do that again because of bugs…

When I get home I will take a picture of my starter plants for the garden… Grown with 100% Gaia green

6 Likes

Yeah. Our zones changed since i was a kid and we can grow more here now but our cold winters can essentially kill it all. If i was rich 30 to 40% of my property would be greenhouse in the sun.
Looking forward to the photos.

6 Likes

Here they are!! The balance of the garden will be direct sow

10 Likes

Love it! Some good food in there. Hide some leafy bushes in the mix!

5 Likes

Transplanting a few right now. I think you can appreciate this also.

7 Likes

50 to 70 for that little bag. Need to go into business making that hey hehehe

6 Likes

Lol ya you many find a auto or 2 somewhere!!

4 Likes