Operation Big Bud Round #2

I’ll be watching!

5 Likes

Question: when starting in the grobo start do you wet the pod 1st? Seems like the wick is damping the pod on its own. Any pointers are appreciated as this is my first grobo start use.

2 Likes

I soak my pod always first then give it a little squeeze. Then the wick keeps it wet. As soon as the roots touch the water I remove the wick

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Grobo Start Videos!

Based on the first attempt in what I learned I’m thinking I’m going to have to change to flower early maybe below the first fan.

I understand I changed the environment but I think due to the limited side shoots this plant grew like crazy to 44 inches tall… I need to Measure how much space is in the Grobo but I know it can’t hold a plant that is 44 inches tall.

Comments are welcome

4 Likes

- - - [2021-11.08]:

@Mpower11,

Laughing..--

• (I’ll Be Right With You Watching_ :eyes: On The Side Lines):
    Eyes..~~eyes..~~ …—…—…—…—…—…wink..--

~~~

- - - [2021-11.15]:

@Todd.grobo,

ForAllToSee..~~ (2)

~~~

- - - [2021-12.03]:

@FireGuy,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo, I made another batch of reds tonight so they could sit longer…3 beets, 3 jars…they were huge! :blush:

3 Likes

Finally happy with my plant to start this project. I was off to a ruff start but here we go.

Today is the first day I added Grobo start nutes and fish shit. If anyone wants to know I started with Ro water added start nutes this gave me a Ec of 500 with ph 6.0.

Wick is removed and added air stone. Roots will be touching water by tomorrow. Plan is I’m going to lighty squeeze the Peat moss plug to get rid of some moisture. I want the plant to have to work for it water. This will make the plant build more roots and aid in possible damp off

5 Likes

Moved her into the Grobo because I don’t want to deal with the Ph I will let Grobo work it’s magic.

Also she is getting 20 of light per day now not 13…

One more thing I did was I removed 2 litres of water out of the tank… The airstone was bubbling alot of water and keep my peat moss plug to wet… Added a fan blowing on the plant also

5 Likes

Just a quick photo update can’t wait to start training

4 Likes

Well I just can’t seem to get a break with this operation.

I’m not happy with my seed. Plant seems very slow growing. Dwarf like. I think after Christmas I’m going to have to terminate the grow and drop a new bean and start over.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like much progression , that’s for sure. Sorry for your loss man!

2 Likes

How many days in are you including germination. Just trying to learn

3 Likes

This plant is about 20 days old.

What I don’t like is how slow and tight it’s growing. I don’t think I will get the quality I’m looking for off this plant.

2 Likes

She’s definitely packed down tight!

3 Likes

I thought that’s what you wanted with the Grobo small compact plants. Got me worried now I’m entering in to day 20 here in a couple hours :sob: do you think I should be concerned as well?

4 Likes

He’s going for one main stalk to grow the biggest cola possible, you’re good with your grow.

4 Likes

But mine is 20 days from putting the seed in the pod and walking away

3 Likes

I will get some better pictures later today… The head (top) of my plant it’s so tight it’s even growing sideways… It’s just not what I’m looking for… I’m very picky if the seed itself is below avg you can’t fix that…
I don’t see the same problem on your plant I would keep your plant going at this time

4 Likes

Ok thanks @Mpower11

3 Likes