Turning on the Grobo again 😁-CranecityCannabis

Pro tip :point_up:

2 Likes

I always wonder that…

1 Like

Took 4 leaves to expose the topping sites​:tanabata_tree:. Training in this box is gonna be harder than I thought. If I scrog - I cant peak at the roots when I want… But I definitely need something else. I have also been adding Hydroguard :microbe:a couple days after UC roots to give a chance for bacteria to colonize. The Rez is smelling good. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

What were you planning on doing that you feel will be too difficult to perform in the box? I know @SilverGrobo & @fuz completed some pretty epic mainline type grows utilizing their own training tech. I tried finding their grows to link them but wasn’t able to locate. Silver would you mind sharing?

3 Likes

Nothing about the training - just if I put a Scrogg on. It might restrict me lifting up the lid to check out the roots

1 Like

I’ve got the same concern but am thinking that a net would work better than a metal frame (in terms of opening the lid) since it’ll have a bit more slack in it and not be as rigid:

1 Like

I am able to lift my lid about 2” without adjusting the ScrOG. It wouldn’t be enough to have to perform and work in the res but it is enough for me to take a peak. The reason I asked is because you mentioned “training in the box was going to be harder than you thought”. Hopefully @SilverGrobo can provide some pics of their mainline training. If I’m not mistaken theirs can be detached from the walls very easily and they are much less bulky thus if there was an issue down below it would not be difficult to get in there and sort it out.

2 Likes

That and you could just disconnect the net from the wall hooks and just left it hang in the plants canopy while you work down below and just reattach it when you are done.

2 Likes

Day 38- water change (5days)
Plants showing some heat stress and water Rez going as high as 77 f lol. Notable leaf curl. Topping sites look good. Roots look lovely and the tank smells like carrots :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. Looks like I’m going to flip her in about 8 days… woot woot

5 Likes

@SWSVIC @vegetato thanks for the suggestion. :+1:t2:

I believe your VPD should be around 1.2 during veg, 2.3 seems a little high.

@VermontGrobo Everything is actually off. Temp is too high and RH is too low. It’s not a sealed environment . Not worth it to turn on the AC and add humidity for a single plant lol. I’m adding a ice pack in morning and pm to cool down the Rez. It got as high as 77F. Since u brought VPD up, it is technically still being studied for cannabis. Most of the literature out there is for non Canabis plants. Currently there is no literature to support any type of VPD recommendations for cannabis and especially with the variety of cultivars that we are using.

2 Likes

Would be interested to know your leaf temp. Do you have an infrared thermometer?

Yeah , it’s showing 78 most of time…

Perfect, in that case f*ck the VPD

Pretty amazing genetics man, seems like she is regulating herself. My leaf temp is also 78 and as you know I have put great efforts into perfecting my environment.

I applaud u man! @SWSVIC I did that in beginning when I first got that Pulse! Don’t get me wrong I love that thing. One of best products I have used. I ran my AC, Heater, dehumidifier , and humidifier. My electric bill quadruple. Lol. The lady did not like that at all lol. But I stopped stressing over it because I started to see how resilient the plant is… I also started respect good Growers soooo much more. Honeslty anyone can grow bud, but to grow “:fire:” it’s going to take some deadication.

4 Likes

Damn right

Going to do a water change tomorrow. Okay this plant is pretty beast… Super hot weather and still chilling.

I’m also doing a seed giveaway on my IG page. If u guys are interested - follow me on Ig @astronautsballoons

9 Likes

Day 43
Looks like flip date will be this Sunday. I want her to just stretch a tiny bit more. Looks like straight mushroom bush right now lol. Roots look great even with super Rez temps of 77 today.

Temp Rez- initial 72-76 f
EC - 1.7
PH 6.2
Power Si-.5ml/G
Jacks (5-12-26)A-2.7g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B-1.8g/G
Epsom Salt - .825g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G ( get this if u haven’t already)
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Hydroguard will be added 2 days

4 Likes