The New Grobo Start

You got the new grobo start on that list because its gonna save you a lot of time!
Hope you have vinegar to clean out reservoir after your grow.
Calibration (4.0 & 7.0) & storage solutions.
Probe cleaner & (calibrator - 2.77 EC)
A nice pair of fiskars to cut down that crop and some alcohol to clean the sticky from them and your hands!

5 Likes

:joy::memo::dash: ok I have that stuff not the 4.0 an 7.0 we’re do u get that from the grobo team?

2 Likes

They outsource from blue labs, which you can find on Amazon

5 Likes

Thank u :pray:t3: for that

3 Likes

Great pics @Bplatinum9!

Two questions for you:

1. Did you use a toothpick to ‘soften up’ the coco pod like I do in this video? Looks like your little one is having trouble getting it’s footing.
  2. Did you put a bit of peat pod on top of the seed? This helps pull that seed casing off.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

I used the tweezers the start came with to soften the pod.
Covered the holes with coco from the bottom of the pod.
The stretch is weird, any ideas on what can be done to save her?
I put a bit of water on the seed hat and put the dome back on but I think your right about the footing because when I lifted the dome to add water on the hat it fell right out of the pod.

8 Likes

Ok so I did a bit of surgery and put the dome back on, now let’s wait for the recovery!

7 Likes

Dr. Greenthumb, paging Dr. Greenthumb!

Way to go! I’m rooting for her!

12 Likes

Thank you! We appreciate you! :eyes::seedling::rainbow:

9 Likes

@miami5th that was awesome, thank you!

@Bplatinum9 best trick I’ve found to help the seeds start out in the peat pods is the toothpick. Make 3-4 tunnels under the spot where the seed will rest to give those roots a spot to grab hold! Looks like your surgery will work too.

Cheers,
Stephen

10 Likes

Thanks for the tip!!! :eyes::seedling:

7 Likes

You asked, I’m delivering! Hope these help!
The pics that the net pots sit in are the new lid and the one I just set on top is the old lid.

Side by side, front & back!

New on top of old.

New with old coco pod inside…

New on top of old, back side…

New…

New with old coco pod sitting on top of net pots…

Old lid with new net pots…

7 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9, looks like the start won’t work with what I have in mind…that’s a bummer.

5 Likes

Sorry! I just labled them. The new lid is $21 at grobo. :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

could you do me one more favor??? a measurement of the new lid opening…PLEASE???

1 Like

Great job taking such clear, definitive photos of what we all wanted to know!! Thank you so much for doing all of those comparisons just for us!!

And wow, your old lid is so spotless, you can really tell what an excellent job you must do cleaning between grows. (Must be why I asked your cleaning advice, ha! :wink: )

4 Likes

I think regular alcohol and cotton pads work the best to clean the walls and lid of the grobo.
It gets right down into the sticky stuff!
Vinegar a find water for the reservoir but this time I used zerotol hc because it was super filthy wanted to clean the bacteria.

P.s. Use the alcohol on lid when its in grobo while growing and soap and water in between grows.

6 Likes

Got mine setup today. I’m still several months away from needing to start cannabis(my two Grobos are both in late veg stage).

In the meantime thought I would try some Kale, & Arugula in it. I have AeroGarden in the mail, so figured between downtime I will use it for non-cannabis.

So far setup was good(the plastic tape did not come off well was only downside, I had to use rubbing alcohol to get sticky stuff off)

App seems to work for it now as well in latest update.

One feedback item I can think of would be to have the recipe box show more types of herbs and what not that can grow on the starter, since it’s not needed constantly to grow cannabis. I know the recipe for starter means nothing, so this would be simple addition, and then app could show what you are actually growing. I have mine set to baby romaine, but have kale and arugula in it.

14 Likes

Awesome pics @Bplatinum9!

5 Likes

I’m tempted to get an Aerogarden now because of you :joy:

4 Likes