Tent Grow!

Growing with the Grobo I discovered my green thumb! I will def. continue with the Grobo but have expanded my grow ops.

4x4 Gorilla Tent
ROI-E680 LED lights
AC Infinity filter and fan
CO2 Meter

Growing:
Flap Jacks - Inhouse Genetics
Frosted Biscotti - Sin City Seeds
Rainbow Belts 2.0 - Archive seed bank
Ice Cream Cake - Miscellaneous

13 Likes

Week 1 into seedling. So far so good. Gonna top really soon and start training.

9 Likes

So pretty!!! Nice setup congrats! Grobo taught me to grow too!!! :eyes::seedling:

9 Likes

Hey Growers,

What type of humidifiers does any of you use for the tent?
I got the “Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier”. It doesn’t do much, maybe raised the RH by about 5%. Is this normal? My RH is between 35% and 59%. About 40% with the humidifier on. About 50-59% with the humidifier on and spraying the walls of my tent. With no humidifier and no spray on the walls, I’m in the 30-35% range.

@Merle_Carsten, @Vicc I know you guys are seasoned tent growers. What do you use?

My humidifier setup. Love only filling every 1-2 weeks!

6 Likes

Thank you! Great idea. Guess I’m returning this little home humidifier then lol.

3 Likes

@FireGuy set up is the most ideal humidifier set up for growing imo.

5 Likes

This is my unit it’s a beast even over kill.

I have it connected to my RO tank so what is nice is I never I have refill it. It’s all automatic

7 Likes

Well that’s something I’m definitely gonna have yo get cause the one :point_up:t4: I haven’t seen it go lower then 40 RH yet :seedling::dash::+1:t2:

I’ve got 2 1.5 gal in my 8x10 and 2 pools in the middle. That’s in my Panda :panda_face: room. I’ve got a 4x4 tent and my humidifier in that was 90 bucks amazon. Not hard to get your humidity up in a tent unless it’s a tiny one…???

2 Likes

Hey Growers,

Since the last photos I went through overwatering and outgrowing of the pots. I transplanted them into 5 gallon pots and corrected the overwatering by weighing my plants now. I gave them their first dose of nutrients. Here is my current lineup:

I went ahead and took a page out of @FireGuy book and went with the homestyle House of Hydro humidifier which satisfied all my humidity needs (thank you so much for pointing me in that direction!):

Yesterday morning I came upon this little critter:

I’ve only found that one and promptly removed it! It was not in the plants when found.

The plants seem to be in overall good health. I’ve recently topped them and done some low stress training. A couple of the plants throwing out these 11 fingered leaves and they are huge:

I’m having fun and learning a lot! The difference in each plant is interesting. Their own personalities lol.

I’m keeping a close eye for any deficiencies or troubles but can’t really tell if there’s any:

Happy growing!

5 Likes

So glad the humidifier setup is working for you! One thing I forgot to mention and I’m kicking myself for it…I’d really switch the output to hard PVC or waterproof flexible ducting if yours isn’t. As the humidity builds and pools in the ducting, it will start to break down the interior wall into a white, flaky dust and blow it into your tent (I found this out the hard way). If you route using hard PVC or some sort of rubber tubing, this issue won’t happen. Sorry I forgot to mention that before but your setup is clean.

4 Likes

So correct me if I’m wrong your only source of nutes is the Terps Tea correct?

2 Likes

ATM That is correct.

2 Likes

I have never used the product but I one concern it’s 7-1-1

Seems high in N and low in P-K @Todd.grobo what is your thoughts on that ratio for Veg? I know if you one day add worm casting to the mix your going to increase your N even more…

2 Likes

I have never used the product but I one concern it’s 7-1-1
Seems high in N and low in P-K @Todd.grobo what is your thoughts on that ratio for Veg? I know if you one day add worm casting to the mix your going to increase your N even more…

Thanks for the feedback (I so need it)!
All that I’ve been researching states the following:

“During the vegetative stage, the plant will require a base nutrient that is higher in nitrogen and lower in phosphorus and potassium.”

That’s why I went with 7-1-1 to start.
Also been reading that soil provides enough “cal/mag” so I didn’t get any of it. I use with distilled water instead of RO.

2 Likes

I do agree with you that in Veg you want higher N

I don’t have a problem with 7 parts N I’m just concerned P and K is low… And I want to add this may not even be a possible but the levels are alot lower that I have used in the past… Just sharing info

What kind of soil are you using? I have ran into problems in the past using with RO water and not enough Cal/mag (ran into problem after about 6 weeks in Veg)… I now always add Cal/Mag to around 0.2 Ec or 80 ppm… If you ever add Cal/mag just make sure it’s certificated organic or OMRI Listed

2 Likes

I’m using Happy Frog from Fox Farm. Yeah, I read about the issues with RO water. It’s fixable but I figure why add an extra step. I’ll do more reading on levels of P-K during veg.

2 Likes

Nice soil.

I guess I’m just more used to seeing values like this and then I normally add worm castings to top up the nitrogen

3 Likes

Are you using all of those at once?
Do you use them with every watering?

2 Likes