Tent build ((white widow left (harvested), wedding gelato right (harvested))

So I’ve been trying to plan this, and finally I’ll have the time next weekend. They will be 1” gravity return buckets to the res outside the tent, run through the chiller also outside, then split back to both buckets on the supply which will be 1/2”. Also picked up some massive air stones for each plant. It won’t be automated but I like the involvement, and so does my buddy that house sits for me. My MARS light is giving me the most difficulty. Having a hard time trying to figure out the best way to get it as high as possible, the connections on the light are not very helpful.

Oh, and if you’re looking to move to AZ, you may get to catch these in your house like I did last night :man_facepalming:t3:.

11 Likes

Black light u can spot them I believe easier to find

8 Likes

Well, little does this guy know that my buddy is coming Friday to go scorpion hunting after we build my tent setup, and whatever we find is going in the terrarium with it. Battle Royale as my buddy put it.

7 Likes

Another one

1 Like

Welcome to the tent club. From what I can tell your setup should work. I’m not a fan of Hydro in the tent. To much cleaning water chiller and lines. Always leads to bacteria then ph problems half way threw the grow. So I recommend build the setup with unions on your pvc so you can take apart easy to clean.

As for the light I’m not sure what the Mars looks like but everyone I know uses these to hang the lights

7 Likes

Well, here she is. Found a drip or two so i’ll be draining and attacking with silicone this weekend. she works well though!

7 Likes

Setup Looks nice and clean👍

3 Likes

1st question…why is this so complicated for just 2 plants?

2nd question…why am I not doing this already ? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I do hydro in tent…dedicate one pump to one bucket/grow. If in a pinch, I will use one pump with 2 outlets to supply 2 buckets.

I’ve never had to use chillers in bubble boy buckets at all. Relatively new to all this but finding it much easier than I thought it would be.

I’m still learning. Growing primarily autos due to space constraints but learning quickly that autos do not always stay compact.

3 Likes

Thanks man, it was fun to build. Just a buddy and I in the back yard smokin a joint and drillin holes. Didn’t get to build it 100% the way I wanted, but we made due with what we had. So far she works great, though the res got drilled a little high so full drain on the tent buckets won’t happen but that’s alright too. Probably make some changes after this grow.

3 Likes
  1. Not complicated at all. Buckets gravity feed into the res, pumps through the chiller and back to the buckets in the tent. Need the chiller here with AZ summer coming. Can’t afford to keep the house below 70, plus my kid would get cold.

2. Sounds like you’ve got your own setup. However when I get a bigger tent, I can easily modify this setup for 4-6 plants.

I didn’t have a res before, let alone outside the tent. This was the easiest and most fun way I could do it.

4 Likes

I am jealous of you & everyone else who have figured all this out. I think I have everything under control, but then I come here & learn some more

6 Likes

I’m sure you will I can’t even count how many revisions I’m at…lol

2 Likes

Love the kiddie table next to the grow tent, too funny :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m sure he has his own quality control team…lol

3 Likes

hahaha, my buddy and i are the qc team. kid likes looking at the plants when i do but that’s the end of her qc responsibilities!

3 Likes

Well, just took a shot at my first time scrogging. Not a fan of the Vivosun one I bought, it’s really loose. Also I’d like some smaller openings. Oh well, gonna let these girls grow and see what happens.

5 Likes

U could always build a custom one out of PVC. I did and it works well. U can see mine under soil growers

3 Likes

I have a 2’ x 2’ tent and a 3’ x 3’ tent and I still can’t find the right scrog for the smaller tent. Like you, they are all too big. I finally found one that is taught and works but the squares are too large. There are small nets made for bikes that can work. I got one that was 20” x 20” and it was able to stretch to the 2’ x 2’ area and works. If you zoom into the photo below you can see it. I have also added a second one now to support the buds but can’t take a pic for you because they are sleeping right now.

5 Likes

@Wake look into hay feeders for horses goats and basically farm animals. I found some on amazon 2”x2” holes and saw some with 1 3/4” holes on there.

2 Likes