Tent GG4 by Expert Seeds (x2) Super Critical Bud CBD in Grobo

I’m good with this! Kinda want to grow just a few MASSIVE colas lol.

4 Likes

Same here… I have no interest in popcorn / #2 buds

4 Likes

Well, did my water change this morning and transition schedule starts tonight. EC 1.5, pH 6.0 at 69F water temp. Red bloom light is on just preparing for the stretch! I will say this is one of the beauties of the tent…being able to raise or lower the light during veg and bloom. Man, I LOVE growing this plant!!!

5 Likes

Are you looking for a picture of where I completely cut the center stalk? @Gunk

2 Likes

Is this a Dwc system kinda like the grobo? @FireGuy

3 Likes

This is RDWC. Basically the same however water is always being recirculated through a chiller/heater. Both plants share the same reservoir. I live in Arizona so I can’t afford the heating and cooling for the water temps to be in a good range house wise.

This is where it started…

5 Likes

So can you do water changes just from the reservoir. And check/ adjust ph and nutrients all from the resvoir since it’s all combined?

3 Likes

Mostly! If is stick with hydro (on the fence about soil), I’m going to rebuild. I can’t do a full change through the res due to the angle from inside to out. Raise interior buckets higher, drain from below to the res. This will allow drainage of 99% of water. All adjustments are done in res outside the tent, as well as ph, EC and temp readings taken from res with an all in one blue labs wall mounted display.

3 Likes

I’m Liking this idea very much. And you’re using your water chiller as a recirculation pump

3 Likes

Thanks bud. The res has a pump in it to pump through the chiller, then gravity feed water from the tent back to the res. So all water is temp controlled in a constant recirculating.

3 Likes

So when you run a system like this just with one bucket, when it’s water change time, would you just mix up a new brew and a bucket and then just pull the plant and air stone out and putting it in a new bucket with the new water

3 Likes

I guess more like the same thing minus the system just a bucket. I like the dwc concept and rdwc seems like a great setup for multiple plants. But thinking maybe just one to start

2 Likes

So I started with a single bucket in my tent, no res or chiller. When doing this, there was an air stone in the bucket. When time for water change I’d mix a new bucket and just transfer the air stone and plant pot top.

3 Likes

Thank you @FireGuy for your time and knowledge. Personally sounds like the way to go for me. And can stay with the same concept as the grobo and avoid soil for now. In the planing process

2 Likes

I see this picture. That’s crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I guess you’ll find out soon enough. I’m going to grow the same strain again. I’m about 100% positive I can get more out of this strain. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

With you buckets elevated like that I feel like it would be easier to run your drain straight through the bottom of the bucket so that way you’re not dealing with the contour of the side of the bucket and having trouble getting your pipes to seal. I think you may have just inspired me

2 Likes

That’s my plan, drain from bottom. Unfortunately, with the opening in the tent, the buckets will have to be raised higher than they are to get a downward slope to come into the res outside for true gravity feed. You’re picking up what I’m putting down :wink:

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense now

2 Likes

Btw, my pleasure. Here to help!

2 Likes

Just keep in mind with a build like this, you want a 1” drain pipe and 3/4” or 1/2” supply. This ensures that your res has more space to drain and always supplies fresh water from the res to your buckets. If all pipes are the same, I feel like the water exchange may become somewhat stagnant.