SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Id be afraid to eat it, looks really bad when all the leaves on a plant looks like that, almost puts you in the mind of radiation under the thunderdome!

2 Likes

No worries friend. I know everyone has a favorite for who to follow on here but were all here to learn and help. Cheers. I look forward to yours and everyones grows on here. More we learn the better it helps us all

5 Likes

@Chad_Johnson had a similiar look…
No offense chad!
Were trying to find the correlation with tobacco disease.

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/2nd-grow-moby-dick-by-dinafem/5638/20?u=bplatinum9

3 Likes

Ouch, poor girl. I have been taking extra precautions to ensure no bugs enter the unit. Being that I live in an area that is very conducive to their survival, this has been a concern from day one. I inspected just to be sure after you mentioned it haha.

What Todd said makes a lot of sense, I think the minor scaring (for lack of better term) could have very likely come from her working her way out of the seed shell and up through the coco pod. This little fans were so small at first site obviously nothing would be visible, however as those leaves grow and expand it in turn magnifies the marks. She seems very happy, just want to be sure I’m covering all bases and gaining as much knowledge as possible!

4 Likes

I’ve seen these here and there on many grows. I call them “birth marks” or “freckles” depending when they came in. :slight_smile: Sometimes that can be indicative of bugs/disease (probably will notice other stuff first) but usually (in our case) it’s just a natural blemish from having been stuck to something or when a particular leaf is not growing congruently to another for whatever reason.

The bottom one should kick on any day now. If both fans come on during the startup sequence it should come on at the appropriate time of recipe too. (That’s one way to check if fan is even working, just reboot and watch them).

4 Likes

Thanks @vegetato, will try reboot now!

2 Likes

Mutation – Cosmetic (Usually Not Harmful)

Occasionally you may see mutations or natural variation that results in parts of leaves being yellow. The general rule of thumb with any unusual leaf symptom is if the rest of the plant is green, vibrant and healthy, there’s usually nothing to worry about.

Example of a two-tone marijuana leaf - a common mutation

5 Likes

I’m in day 18 of my grow and have not seen any fans click in yet

4 Likes

I’ve been watching your grow @Letsgrowmore, have you submitted a support ticket?

4 Likes

Yeah I would submit a ticket and you might need to check inside and make sure it’s plugged in, could have got jostled during shipping

4 Likes

Do you think that they are absolutely necessary if your climate is controlled with other “ad-on” items? I guess what I’m really wondering is, whether it’s worth it to break down the machine mid-grow to reconnect the wires if that’s what it comes to, or if it’s better off left until this grow is harvested. Thanks Russ!

2 Likes

Great gadget and awesome pics, grower! You are definitely on your way up. Discoloration could be a concern, and some of the folks here could give you some advice. Bottom fan is supposed to kick in around this time- can’t remember exactly when, though. Put in a ticket just to be sure

4 Likes

The fan is supposed to circulate fresh air from outside the unit. If you put an add-on inside the unit, it will simply push the same stale air around. Try to get that unit fan going

2 Likes

I think it’s just on the top, don’t really need to take much apart I don’t think :man_shrugging:. But I would want the fans on. I add another too probably midway through the grow for more movement

2 Likes

Appreciate it @MindFlayer good to know.

2 Likes

Thanks again Russ!

3 Likes

Power Cycled the system and the bottom fan kicked on :blush: thanks again for the advice!

6 Likes

Thanks dude, I’m watching yours too!

2 Likes

Day 15 (Early Veg. 5 of 14)

Conducted second water change today and added Revive to the regime because why the hell not? :joy:

Water Stats:

Water out:

• pH: 5.9
  • EC: 0.7
  • PPM700: 500
  • Gallons out: 2.9

Water in:

3 Gallons RO water with 6 mL Hydroguard, 2.5 mL Recharge, & 6 mL Revive.

• pH: 7.4
  • EC: 0.0
  • PPM700: 10
  • Gallons in: 1.75

pH 1 hour after fill: 5.9

Observations:

Grobo only filled 1.75 Gallons into reservoir, is this typical and will it be the same throughout the rest of the grow? (Wasted nutrients today mixing into 3 Gallons, no big deal but would like to mix 2 Gallons for next drain/fill if possible.

Hardly any of the pH bottles have been used, the pH down has obviously been favored by the Grobo as the additional nutes added to my RO water tend to slightly raise pH. All bottles were marked with a red line this week to gauge their consumption.

As always, any input, advice, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. I would like to thank all of you again for taking the time to view and assist with my grow!

Regards,

SWSVIC

7 Likes

@SilverGrobo

It’s actually just a black mark, that was caused by the door magnet. Was there when I unboxed my Grobo. :man_shrugging:t2: I’ve tried cleaning it off but to no avail. Don’t want to use harsh chemicals on it so I think it’s here to stay. Very smart move with the hose separation, I will do so, thanks!

4 Likes