SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Hey @SilverGrobo & @SWSVIC,

What are you guys doing with ‘hose separation’? Anything new and cool we should know about?

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Morning @Stephen

@SilverGrobo suggested that I pull the hoses from the magnet and separate them into my dump and fill buckets respectively. This is awesome because not only do you highly reduce the risk of rust forming on your magnet (I dry mine as well as the tubes as best I can but I’m sure there is some residual fluid left in crevices) but it also shortens the time of your drain/fill a little bit by having your fill hose already in the fill bucket, once the drain completes you can immediately activate the fill protocol!

6 Likes

I love the inventiveness of our growers and @SilverGrobo has a special place in our hearts here at Grobo headquarters for sure. Thanks for sharing!

We toyed with the idea of having a unit that is able to be plumbed in directly to your water source, but decided a simple bucket was a great start. Couple ideas we are playing with again, in addition to linking units together for a single drain/fill across more than one Grobo.

#GrowingEveryDay

Cheers,
Stephen

16 Likes

I like the sound of that @Stephen !

6 Likes

This was recommended by Grobo staff last year to help with marks and scuffs…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U820CSU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=A1GXT7IMS99GTX&psc=1

5 Likes

@Bplatinum9 @Todd.grobo @chris_barfield @MindFlayer @Osage @vegetato @SilverGrobo

Hello all, I have a quick question, hope you guys can offer some advice.

My little GDP is now 20 days old. In the picture below you can see that my two initial fan leaves have been completely blocked from light by new growth, they have grown in size, and are now touching the growing space floor. My question is, would it be advisable to remove these leaves even though they are not currently showing any signs of distress or should I just leave them be? My main concern is the contact with the floor, is that something to worry about? Thank you all for your time!

10 Likes

Contact with the shield isn’t an issue

6 Likes

Leave them be? Not wise to remove this early in the game even though they are totally blocked from light? Any benefit to snipping? I’m eager to snip :joy:

2 Likes

Naw you don’t need to snip and I wouldn’t recommend it right now

5 Likes

:facepunch: appreciate it

1 Like

Day 22 (Early Veg. Day 12/14) Incredible how much growth can occur in a week!

Water change stats:

Water out:
-pH: 6.0
-EC:1.3
-PPM700: 900
-Gallons out: 1.65

Water in:
Solution: 3 Gal. Distilled water, 6 mL Hydroguard, 6mL Revive, 2.5 mL)
-pH: 6.7 (typically 7.5+ with RO water)
-EC: 0.0
-PPM700: 0 (typically 10 with RO water)
Gallons in: 1.5

pH after 1 hour: 6.0

Questions & Observations:

1. When to top is at the top of my mind! According to Nebula the opportune time to top is when a plant has 4 or 5 nodes. Although I count 5 the spacing is quite close together and topping her now would require holding the top growth (which will be cut) and then very carefully positioning my shears to make the cut. Is this the time and correct way to go about topping?

2. @Osage I’m looking at you buddy :joy: , with the additives that I am utilizing (revive, recharge, and Hydroguard) are the amounts I am using supposed to increase or change at anytime? If so, what do you recommend? I will also be adding Rhino Skin using your recommended dosage and schedule. (Thanks again :pray:t3:)

As far as EC and PPM, are my reading at or near optimal levels for Grobo growing?

Thank you all for your time and patience! Still just as excited as day 1, I know that feeling won’t last for ever so I am embracing and enjoying the hell out of it while it does. Zoom in on pics! :money_mouth_face:

Grow well,
SWSVIC

8 Likes

shes beautiful, no need to be alarmed. If you want to take those two leaves down do it. She wont be hurt

2 Likes

Appreciate it @Osage where you at on topping her? Is it time?

2 Likes

You could top her now no worries :tada::v:

3 Likes

she looks great and a nice vivid green! What are your inside temps, rh%, and water temps?

3 Likes

Here goes nothing :v::v:

1 Like

Just take the middle most growth

3 Likes

Hey @miami5th

Temperature: 74 F
RH: 45-49%
Water temp 67 F

2 Likes

Best to do it in the morning or evening? Lights will shut off in a couple hours.

1 Like

Great values​:+1::v:

4 Likes