SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Hahah my favorite weed movie :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My god that’s beautiful. They look dense!!! Awesome awesome awesome.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Nice haul Congrats!! Looks yummy!!

3 Likes

Just saw your post dry harvest. Do u like the smoke ?

4 Likes

Hey Brother, I haven’t sampled it yet! Will be one month on the 23rd. Will begin testing then!

8 Likes

That looks tasty. Hope to see some close up shots of the final product :grin:

1 Like

Can’t wait, it looks and smells incredible.

6 Likes

SMOKE REPORT

Today marked day 30 of my curing process and thus I dove in for a taste test! Below are my observations:

Bag Appeal: Well there’s not a spec of purple on her haha. The coloration is various shades of green, smothered in yellow/white trichomes, and adorned with vibrant orange hairs. Hands down the bag appeal is top level.

Density/Feel: I was concerned about this factor as the buds seemed to dry out rather fast (I did unfortunately over dry and thus was forced to bring moisture back via Boveda 62% humidity packs). That said upon breaking apart my first nug today I am happy to report that the buds have great density and the overall feel when breaking nugs off larger stems I must say is far better than that of dispensary weed. I believe this is an ode to freshness.

Smell: She is pretty spot on with her scent, plenty of earthy & pine scent with a blast of sweet berry when you break a nug open. The smell certainly intensifies as the curing process progresses.

Taste: The taste fell a bit short for me, which is a huge let down as taste is one of my most favorite things when it comes to smoking. I am hoping this is simply because it just needs more time curing, hoping I didn’t screw up on drying/curing. Very earthy almost myrre like. Will continue to update on this as the buds continue curing.

High/Effects: I have to say it really shines in this aspect. Pretty spot on GDP vibes. Super relaxing, mellow, warm & fuzzy feeling. Immediate full body pain relief. My trainer didn’t hold back today so needless to say I was sore af… one hit of this and immediately the discomfort melted away and all of a sudden I had not a care in the world. Definitely a night time TKO strain and with the extra time she spent ripening these effects are even more intensified.

All in all, I am quite satisfied with my first batch of home grown. I learned a ton and now feel so much more comfortable and confident as a grower. Enjoying this second grow so much more as this go around I am not hovering over the plant stressing over every little detail as I am now armed with knowledge and can understand what the plant is telling me.

Thanks again to all of you on AG as well as the Grobo Support Team for your advice, support, kind words, and drive that allowed me to progress as much as I have after only one grow. I could not have done it without you.

Grow well,
Vic

26 Likes

Great update and smoke report! Those nugs look AAA top quality. I noticed your Pax 2 or 3 which I also have. Over time it seems they lose their ability to transfer the taste profile of the herbs you are vaping. No amount of cleaning seems to restore the pure flavor profiles produced when the pax was brand new. So I looked for something better.

Check out the Volcano desktop vapes. This is my preferred method now. Hands down the best flavor profile, easy to clean, and evenly heats the herbs. I found the Pax was likely to scorch the material even if I was on a lower temp setting.

7 Likes

Volcano is nice but 600 is steep here. Pax is only 200. I have found i can still taste flavor in mine so must just be newer

2 Likes

I agree that the drying method has the most room for improvement
Did you end up using grobo to dry or hang in the closest

3 Likes

I have like fifty Pax’s haha, love them. I’ll grab a volcano or something like it soon. Had Volcanos in high school & college, loved them. I really enjoying the ease of use with the Pax, especially when using the water pipe attachment.

2 Likes

What other options do we have between the Pax and the Volcano? ($250-$400) range? Maybe for a holiday gift to oneself? :laughing::heart: @Angiebaby thought of you :green_heart: Puff Co?

4 Likes

This is my go-to device that I’ve used for a few months now pretty much daily. Pretty easy to clean and replacement parts are pretty cheap too. Taste is A+++ can taste all the terps and flavors from strain to strain… @Stephen did a video on it too

8 Likes

I have all of the puffco devices. Absolutely love them for concentrates. (I’m all about ease of use haha).

3 Likes

I’m hitting my Pax right now with some Wedding Cake, its still my daily go to

3 Likes

I’ve heard great things about that Mighty. Will definitely check them out.

1 Like

@SWSVIC i did my first cleaning and oh I wish I would have listened to you! Bought a small shop vac for next time!!! I’ve been trying to save $, but that is a must!! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Worth every penny!

1 Like