SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

What did you use for a cleaning solution?

1 Like

Hydrogen peroxide soak for the air stone for about 20 minutes. Then 50/50 vinegar and water drain/fill 2 times with chiller + pump + tubing still connected. After disconnecting the chiller + pump I ran straight water thru it for about 20 min.

After the drain there seems to be a decent amount of water that the drain cannot pull out. So I bought a cheap hand siphon pump to draw the remaining liquid out of the DWC. Also don’t forget about the probes!

10 Likes

I use a towel to get that last bit out. My least favorite part of every grow lol

10 Likes

Let’s make sure we send smoke signals this way good haul bro

4 Likes

Going to run the same protocol with a couple additions. Using a sweet little shop vac to remove residual water and finishing with a Zerotol HC solution.

4 Likes

When cleaning the reservoir, I’ve been using a piece of metal wire (bent/formed for the task) to hold the bottom float up while it drains so it doesn’t register so early and the pump runs longer. When it gets near the bottom I also push on the black hose so it hits the bottom of the res and then also reach up and carefully tip the whole grobo forward a bit to pool the water on the front side where the drain hose is. Once it’s nearly empty I sit it back down, remove the metal wire from holding the float and the pump stops about 15-20 seconds later. That gets most of the water out of the res and there isn’t much left to soak up, but it is a bit of a balancing act. :rofl:

10 Likes

I’m telling you, this mini shop vac is a game changer. The layer of sludge was no match for it! Super clean, quick, and easy.

9 Likes

I hear ya. Doing all that. Just way to big for cleaning it. I need kids or something lol

5 Likes

@SWSVIC Lovely haul you got there! Man i have been excited for this just as much as you are! I’m sure the smoke will be killer! :fire: Nice work man truly loved this grow and to see everything that came from it! CHEERS :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Much appreciated brother :call_me_hand: very much looking forward to round 2 in the box!

1 Like

The clean up was not fun by any means :joy: even with all my tools and cleaning solutions. Now onto light repair (and possible replacement). Support has been incredible, looking forward to my 2nd go. :facepunch:

7 Likes

No repairs this go myself but not using grobos air stone anymore

3 Likes

Snap- congrats bro!! What did she yield? Has she been jarred yet. I see a lot of amber Trichromes on there - did u u want a more sedative effect? Great job!!!:+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks brother man :facepunch:. Honestly I was going for mildly sedative as this strain is pure indica (allegedly :joy:), was not looking for a TKO by any means, will have to wait a month or two to find out :man_shrugging:t2:. No idea on yield yet as she is still drying. Will def, post weight before jarring.

7 Likes

DRY, WEIGH IN, & CURE:

After 6 days of drying in my tent @ 45%-50% RH I went ahead and jarred up the buds for curing. I’m afraid they over-dried a bit as when placed in the jars and the caps screwed on the RH within the jar struggled to break 50%… thus I have added some 62% Boveda humidity packs to bring them back to the proper curing state. I was pretty impressed with the weight nonetheless, coming in at 52 grams (slightly less than 2oz. The buds are dense, full of trichs, and stinky in the best way.

(Note: my scale weighs 2 grams over actual value, tested with a 25g weight)

27 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire: congrats man! Looks super tasty nice job going down in history for the books! @SWSVIC

4 Likes

Very nice congratulations!!

4 Likes

Looks good bro

3 Likes

Let me come over I got papers…lol

3 Likes

9 Likes