SWSVIC’s First Grow (Ever...) ILGM GDP

Dude if it stops at the 10 inch distance between the lights! That is gojng to be pretty good.

1 Like

@SWSVIC,

• ((#LearningAsWeGrow)): :brain: :green_thumb:

• ((#YouAreDoingAGreatJob)): :green_thumb:

• (#LoveHowHealthySheLooks): :stethoscope: :woman_health_worker: :heavy_plus_sign:

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

- - -

• (LookAboutRight): :green_thumb:

--

:infinity:

4 Likes

Nice very nice! Thin out the bottom. Take one of the hanging dryers and use for that top Bud that’s close to the light. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I went full send on the defoliation! :grimacing:

Also adjusted my ScrOG Screen and conducted a water change to aid in recovery. I opted to leave out all additives except Hydroguard and Revive (figured she could use it after I took the weed eater to her!) to see if I can bring down the EC & PPM. @Bplatinum9 @vegetato @chris_barfield @buzzy6 @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo @Russel_Richardson @Jamminbear

15 Likes

There you go!!! Perfect :ok_hand: picture perfect…:+1:

3 Likes

Looking gorgeous

3 Likes

Looking :+1:t5:! Did you make the scrog net?

1 Like

Nope, ordered from amazon. There is a link somewhere in this thread.

1 Like

This is what we are using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K6TDCLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Thanks buddy :facepunch:

3 Likes

After this morning’s mega trim and repositioning session, I headed out on the boat for the day. Made it home just in time to check on her before she went to sleep. Upon doing so I noticed that quite a few pistils (white hairs) on the very top buds changed from white to an orangish color. Thought it to be quite a drastic change for just one day. Any reason to be concerned?

Sorry for blurry pic, I had less than a minute to grab camera, remove lens cap, focus (fail), and take a shot before the lights shut off. @vegetato @chris_barfield @buzzy6 @Todd.grobo

7 Likes

hey man I noticed that on my plant as well. I think we are close in stages. I think it’s normal for them to turn from white to orange.

2 Likes

Appreciate it bud! What day of flower are you on?

1 Like

Absolutely not​:sunglasses::+1::ok_hand:6D293A53-BAAD-4B80-9886-84B43FB0786A.jpeg

3 Likes

She’s looking mighty fine…

3 Likes

It does seem a bit early for hairs to turn, but might just be from the recent major haircut if it’s stress-related. Heat or bug stress can also cause that. Hard to say for certain without other signs.

Best advice I can give is to monitor for other signs of anything (herm, bugs, etc), if nothing else it was likely from the haircut. My guess would be she’s healing those wounds now and had to sacrifice the energy to a few hairs.

What have your humidity/temps been like as well, high on both counts?

3 Likes

Thanks Veg, that was my thinking also. I performed a water change with the trim, wondering if perhaps with the lack of leaves to digest nutrients, could cause the buds to experience “burn”?

4 Likes

Yes, buds can “burn like that” too, but the leaves will usually take the hit first. You also cut back on the nutes already, so I wouldn’t expect it to be from the nutrients. Perhaps that is what it was, though… :thinking:

I would’ve guessed that that bud was a bit higher than the others or in a lower airflow area so when the plant went into “healing mode” that one was just at the end of the line and wasn’t getting what it needed (because other lower areas were taking to heal). This is where the 30% rule applies, making sure the plant doesn’t spend too much energy healing.

That’s also where the temp/humidity question comes into play – was it a bit warm/uncomfortable at all through that stress/etc, just another factor that might be compounding.

Edit: it’ll probably be fine by the way, unless balls appear… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

NO BALLS, NO BALLS, NO BALLS! :crossed_fingers::joy:

Temps remained consistent around 74 and humidity in the low-mid 40s. The color change effected more than 50% of my top buds, only had time to snap 1 pic. I do believe I went a little over 30% on the trim unfortunately. Positive thoughts!

8 Likes

Is your temp & humidity data coming from the Grobo server or your own monitor??

3 Likes