Silver Surfer Haze (2nd grow)

About 72hrs here of germination after my last seedling died😞 Did the paper towel method and is definitely the way to pop. Do you think this is far enough to put in my coco pod? I was gonna give it one more day in the bag…

6 Likes

Plenty far enough. Plop her in tap root down and you’re good to go :+1::v:

5 Likes

@GrowinGrowingGone,

Silver Surfer Haze

You can do what you want, but I would give it one more day: Sorry for your loss of your first grow:

This is our ((#Investigated)): Green Crack Loss: :sob:

((#ClickForMore)): :point_down:

Summary

Green Crack - Sativa - Grows - #6 by SilverGrobo - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

Bplatinum9

((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

--

((#GoodToKnow)): :green_thumb:

--

@GrowinGrowingGone,

If you do a ((#DrainFill)): :droplet::potable_water:

It should fill at the propper level:

--

:wink:

@GrowinGrowingGone,

--

:wink:

@GrowinGrowingGone,

((#StrawTrick)): :cup_with_straw::green_thumb:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

@GrowinGrowingGone,

((#PhProbe)): ((#PhSensor)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/first-grow-tangerine-dream/3512/9?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/brown-spots-on-leaves/1219/45?u=silvergrobo

--

((#Ticket)): :ticket::tickets:

https://support.grobo.io

This plant has a chance to Live: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Summary

This ticket was made for Our Blueberry Grow when I didn’t clean the sensor one day:

The Nutrients should be locked in after knowing how well the plant takes to them: We use the same water every time:

What if we did this?: :question:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Thanks for the info! I had a similar problem with the tap root coming out the side of my pod

2 Likes

Waited one more day and wow! Just planted tonight. Fingers are crossed

2 Likes

Like @SilverGrobo said you can do what you want but why are you germinating your seed outside of the coco pod and why are you germinating outside of the grobo itself? On YouTube you can find the easy steps that is recommended by @Stephen himself and I’ve had 100% germination and success with every grow. Do what you like but I suggest doing as the company instructed you’ll have a much greater chance of a successful grow.

3 Likes

Also your coco pod is way to deepit needs to be lined up with the sticker shows.

2 Likes

Ive tried germinating twice in the cocopod and have had both seedlings die. I just wanted to make sure (and try out) germinating outside to avoid any setbacks like before.

5 Likes

Hey wolf, people germinate outside the pod for multiple reasons. But biggest being the fact the process is much quicker outside the pod than inside. I always germ outside the unit until I have a tap root about 1/2 an inch to an inch, then plop her into the pod.

7 Likes

I’m about to enter flushing in my first grow in grobo, I didn’t germ outside of box. But, I’ll always do it going forward. It took a week the last time before I saw anything

7 Likes

As long as it works. This is just the first I’ve ever seen or heard of germination outside the pod. Learn something new everyday.

2 Likes

The most widely used methods are germinating in a cup of ro water till it pops, place seed in moist paper towel folded over then placed in a ziplock bag and set on a windowsill with light till it pops, and then there is the combination of the two, which I always use. Place seed in solo cup with ro water for ~12 hours or until she cracks open, then transfer to moist paper towel in a ziplock on windowsill with light ~12 hrs until you see a tap root 1/4-1/2 inch long then place seed tap root down in your medium of choice. :100: % success rate with this method thus far and it’s much quicker than waiting a week :joy::joy::+1::v:

5 Likes

All those steps I’m familiar with but not with the coco pod. More power to anyone who applies this method to the grobo. I like the way I’ve been doing it. But if I ever do get in a jam I’ll know to try this method.

1 Like

Yep never hurts to have alternative ways of doing things :+1::v:

3 Likes

I’ve grown a couple times outside of the Grobo and that’s pretty much the only way I’ve germed seeds so that’s how I do it for the Grobo too. I had my last seed die but due to temps I’m guessing, it was 18 celsius in my house at the time so that’s what I’m attributing to its demise lol. Put the furnace on and my second one took no problem in a matter of days. That and I like to see that the seed is going to pop opposed to having it down in the pod and playing the waiting game

3 Likes

I feel you on that. I’ve just been lucky with germinating the way grobo suggests. :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Day 6 of “germinating” and I already have a root in the water. Should I shift my grow schedule forward and lower my water level? Thanks

3 Likes

No you shouldn’t shift schedule at this point and the grobo adjust water levels for each stage but you should have pulled your coco pod up to meet the line so you don’t get dampening.

3 Likes

I tried.

2 Likes

So sorry! Hope you don’t lose her later… Keep a close eye and keep roots out of the light!

2 Likes