Silver Surfer Haze (2nd grow)

Day 6 of “germinating” and I already have a root in the water. Should I shift my grow schedule forward and lower my water level? Thanks

3 Likes

No you shouldn’t shift schedule at this point and the grobo adjust water levels for each stage but you should have pulled your coco pod up to meet the line so you don’t get dampening.

3 Likes

I tried.

2 Likes

So sorry! Hope you don’t lose her later… Keep a close eye and keep roots out of the light!

2 Likes

I adjusted my pod thismornjng. Didn’t anticipate the root to emerge so fast. Tomorrow is my weekly water change. Am i ok or is dampening off at a greater risk with the tap root in the water? @Stephen

2 Likes

Hey @GrowinGrowingGone,

It’s not the root to worry about with damping off, it’s the very base of the seedling stem that gets attacked. Ideally your cocopod is not in the water ever, just getting hit with the bubbles to keep it moist. Once the seedling emerges, try to balance keeping the cocopod top dry and the plant root in the water.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Im at day 8 and my fans are due to kick on in a couple days. Should I stay the course and let the grobo do its thing? Im just worried i got ahead of my cycle by germinating outside and planting in the pod after

2 Likes

Nah just let it do it’s thing. I’m 2 days ahead of you and just lettin her grow, I also germed outside of the coco pod

3 Likes

Ok thanks. Just super worried about damping off. This is where im at right now

4 Likes

I also germinated outside the unit with no troubke.

3 Likes

At day 11 and my fan is on but water level is still high. If I am not mistaken, this when drying the coco pod out is crucial. Isn’t my water level supposed to be low starting today? Can I lower it manually through the app?

3 Likes

Yep don’t worry about it, when you do your next water change it will go down just like mine did, check out my green crack thread, I just did my water change last night (I’m on day 15 now) and that was the first d&f that it went down to the low setting. Unless your little sprout looks off it should be alright, mine has turned out great

5 Likes

This is where i’m at right now. Sprouted two new little fan leaves last night which is progress so im keeping my fingers crossed i dry out smooth the next couple weeks

3 Likes

Just keep your lid closed as much as possible and you’ll do fine. :v:t4::grin:

3 Likes

So my cocopod is dry and the atmosphere even says so. What should i do @Stephen

4 Likes

Weren’t you saying you wanted it to dry out a bit so you wouldn’t be affected by damping?

2 Likes

I just am afraid of it falling over, I dunno. First timer here and this is my third seed. #Freakinoutman lol

5 Likes

All good lol. It’s understandable. It shouldn’t fall over. Mine actually has quite a lean going on right now as I’m looking at it.

So your coco pod is now dry? Do you have any way to raise your rh?

3 Likes

I dont really now how to raise the humidity. Any suggestions? Thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

You’d need a humidifier for that in reality. Has your rh been that low before or is that just a random dip?

1 Like