Plants up to 40 days and germination

So here is my little lady after her first drain and fill. 7 days old today.

7 Likes

Here’s an update on my delicious candy plant. Enjoy.

7 Likes

Nice is that lst going on there ?

Yep tad bit. She was getting a little to tall, especially for an indica, so I tied her up a bit and calmed her down. Been topped a few times and just fed her today. I expect some explosive growth in the next few days. I’ll be super cropping in a bit as well.

1 Like

There’s my soil plant I’m experimenting with she’s actually super strong been through a lot but continues to grow

5 Likes

I guess i’ll throw my last progress report for my girl in this thread as she graduates soon to the big kids table.

Ok if you missed it, I had to get out the brown paper bag and start breathing in and out of it as I woke up to my plant being switched to flower mode on day 38 today but this was by design. Well I typically don’t follow the norm.

Extra time has been added to my grow to compensate topping my plant which causes undeniable high stress and has since been adjusted.

Two pictures below are for my first stab at a Indica grow. My last grows we’re via DWC system in a grow room via clones from a mother plant and using a completely different setup from a Grobo but technically the same science.

Beyond topping which I put in a earlier post here’s a little trick you can do with out causing any stress to your plant and at the same time keep maximum foilage coverage (plants solar panels) and provide maximum lighting to all your new growth sites. I did consider a video but it’s easy enough to explain in pics and text.

First below picture shows two days of no interaction with the plant.

Next picture is 10 minutes later. So this technique really only applies to Indica type or bushy strains. Sativa strains tend to have different growth structure but that’s for another post. If you look below this takes only a few minutes each day. It requires you to carefully pull fan leaves down and out of the way of the new growth. As you can see in the second picture light can pentetrate the entire plant and this was done with out removing a single leaf. You can see the exposed stems of the leaves manoeuvred down.

Edit: Keep in mind not to smother the bottom of the plant either. I have cut a few of the oldest leaves at the base of the plant to help with airflow. Do this sparingly as required.

7 Likes

Great tips Azuri, keep em coming! Looking forward to your next stage!

runs to get popcorn…

5 Likes

@Azuri looks awesome! I’ll be trying that with my plant in a week or so too. Mine is still catching up. Looking good!

3 Likes

Announcing the birth of Bruce Banner Hybrid. He is 7 days old today. I’m using the generic Hybrid recipe. Baby bruce was yellow on day 1-2. I suspect heat stress. But I knew the secondary foliage would be stronger as it matures each day. Bruce recovered easily after 4 days and the tap root is significant after only a week. The Grobo unit is in great condition and operating well after shipping to the Southwest desert. Because I live in New Mexico I’ve had an alert to refill my Grobo after 4 days with about a quart of water. This is the typical evaporation rate since we have little humidity. I’ve corrected light leakage with 4 ft.X 1 inch magnetic tape (Amazon) for the front door (near lock) where it is out of line. I received my Grobo just about 2 years to the date from when I ordered it and I’m impressed.

6 Likes

Hey @BoldSolar
That film up on day 4 is a normal part of the procedure. We live in similar climates. Keep an eye on water from day 35 on. You will lose a lot between the plant drinking and standard evaporation

If your place is hot keep an eye on that power bar. It gets quite hot

4 Likes

Hey @BoldSolar

Good call on the heat stress. Great rule of thumb is if it’s uncomfortable for you (too hot or cold) your plant won’t be happy in those temps either.

Happy Growing!

3 Likes

Day 16 Pineapple Express

5 Likes

Nice @toeknee looking good I killed my plant last night and started over …

1 Like

Sup @chris_barfield

What strain are you planting this time? Are you going with feminized, auto or bag seed?

Inquiring minds. :wink:

1 Like

@Azuri soooo I threw the steal your yoink strain in the grobo … parents are Yoink (gg4xdog walker og) x starkiller og

The seeds are regular so it’s hit or miss in regards to female or male butttttttt I’m not going to lie I hope I get a male so I can cross with the purple punch 3.0 and make the first custom strain in a grobo… but that’s wishful thinking …

I’m just hoping for a successful grow …

1 Like

Yeah it could take awhile to identify if it’s a male. Don’t fret to much it was your first grow so you’ve learned a lot and if recall correctly you had some aerator issues which appears to resolved across the board.

Good luck and see you in a few days with a seed pop!

1 Like

Well, I’ve got an update. Day 10 and it looks like something is starting to come out!

Let’s see what happens

6 Likes

Wow day ten and starting to pop through. Looks to me seed pod is still attached. Don’t attempt to take it off at this point, if that is the case. Wait a few more days and see what you can see. Congrats :balloon::confetti_ball::tada::champagne:

2 Likes

Ok so here is my girl at day 11. Lookin good and healthy. Tell me what you think. And before I forget, it’s really awesome we can compare notes and help each other out.

10 Likes

Please don’t let my 11day old girls photos offend you. I’m not trying any sort of one upsmanship you, or anything like that.

2 Likes