Old 20-40 year old seeds, would you try?

Some that have been here know me and my friends are older and we have a bag of seeds, maybe 50ish that have been collected from the early 80’s until maybe 2000ish. None are current, all 15-20 years old at least.

I am getting a Grobo 2 so that will be my main unit, the older Grobo 1 I was thinking to maybe start going thru these older seeds, trying 2-4 at a time :grinning: to see what pops. I am not sure it is even worth spending the time on or not, so anyone have thoughts? I KNOW for fact there is original original original Skunk somewhere in there, not sure what seed, could be a male, just not sure to waste the time or not.

2 Likes

- - - [2021-10.26]:

@TheDogMan,

CrapShoot..~~ (3)

~~~

- - - [2021-11.01]:

@TheDogMan,

WhatEverU_Decide..~~ (2){:infinity:}:

EenyMeenyMinyMo..1a~~ (2)

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

ahh, if it works you could have some of that great weed from back in the day, but if it doesn’t work and you end up with a male or they don’t pop a lot of wasted time and water.

3 Likes

I am still debating and not sure what I will do with the 2nd Grobo yet. I thought about trying the old seeds 3-4 at a time in paper towels to see if anything happens first. Then I can put them maybe 2 at a time in the Grobo and let them go a few weeks to see what I get, then examine it snd see if it should go on, or pull it and move to the next seed.

2 Likes