New Hobby

Hello all fellow growers!

This is all new to us. My Wife and I are very excited to start and get familiar with the ins and outs. Learn what to look out for when your a beginner and how to maximize maintaining and create some beautiful healthy plants at all time! We are down south and are excited to hear word from Grobo that our equipment has shipped!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to growing with you! :eyes::seedling:

6 Likes

Thanks,
This is an exciting time in life. Something I have been thinking of doing for a while and finally pulled the trigger on. I have been reading some of your input on the posts of the community and it is re assuring to see someone with as much experience and knowledge as you willing to help out us less knowledgeable! CHEERS

8 Likes

I appreciate that! You will be just as knowledgeable hanging out here at allgrowers!
Truth be told I learned everything in a short time, I’m only on my second grow and have never grown or used before. I do however love to learn and help where I can!

5 Likes

Awesome man! So, meanwhile I wait to hear back about processing of my new gobro unit I ordered, I wanted to try my first germination of some local seeds I got, nothing special. I soaked them and then tried the paper towel method and had all 4 seeds germinate! I have now moved them to a 5 inch deep pot and will pick up some good generic potting soil today, to use during the beginning. This is really just a little experiment to see if they will even take off a little bit and see some sort of life in her!

2 Likes

Do you plan on leaving them as a soil project?
Remember If your germinating outside of the Grobo to later transplant in the Grobo its best to keep it a hydro project but removing them from soil to plant in Grobo can sometimes be achieved if the plant allows.
Happy days ahead!
P.s. I’m a woman lol!

10 Likes

Great news! Thank you for reaching out! I’m sure my Wife will love to know other women on here and here to help also! She’s still asleep right now. The potted seeds I started are solely for a trial experiment to see if I’m capable to grow these girls lol, they will stay in the pots because I am not interested in using the equipment for unknown strains or seed type I will have to get the products I really want for grobo growing

2 Likes

We have several husband and wife teams on allgrowers very exciting!
Maybe by the time your seeds make much headway it will be warm enough to do an outdoor grow with your mystery strains. Keep me posted! I look forward to watching both you and your wife grow welcome!

4 Likes

Here’s that potter project I mentioned earlier

2 Likes

I also have a miniature hydro I tried

2 Likes

Very nice! What type of light are you using on your miniature hydro grow? :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

It comes equipped with LED lighting, blues, whites and reds it looks like. Also has a little air pump. And extendable light for more growth

2 Likes

Day 4 of germination, about how long does it usually take to get fro. This seedling stage to a early veg? Thanks . Looks like one is not making it anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

Grow schedules are different depending on the grow medium and atmosphere, outdoor/indoor, tent, grow box etc…
If your not growig in the Grobo then early veg and late veg ard the same, there is no transition.
Here is my tent schedule you can loosely follow but you will have to also listen your plants.
This is basically how many weeks, days etc… It takes to move from stage to stage.

Germination can last between 1 -10 days
Vegetation can last between. 3 - 8 weeks
Flower can last between. 5 - 16 weeks
Dry can last between. 5 - 10 days
Cure can last between. 2 - 10 weeks

5 Likes

Great!

Thank you for that breakdown it makes it more understanding!
Cheers

2 Likes

@Letsgrowmore,

((#ItIsAlive)): (ForAllYourLittleOnes): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

((#TooTallSeedling)): :giraffe::seedling:

((#StrawTrick )): :cup_with_straw::green_thumb:

--

3 Likes

Making progress!

2 Likes

You might want to elevate those pots a little bit (few inches maybe touch more), unless you already turned the light up a bit… the one one the left seems to be stretching a little extra is why I mention that.

2 Likes

The height of the light is actually adjustable but the brightness is non adjustable it’s just on or off but there’s white, blue and red leds in it it’s for smaller type plants

Hey guys! Here’s some more progress of my potted projects I stared on the 11th, they look good but seem to be growing slow? One got sick and isn’t making a recovery over the past 3 days but I can restart a new strain however if so. But I hope it looks alright at this point!
Cheers!

1 Like