New Hobby

Stems look a little long like the light source was too far away.

1 Like

That’s so interesting since the light is not even a foot away from the plants

1 Like

Do you often grow with this light source?

1 Like

No these are my first plants ever. I have been patiently waiting for my Grobo to arrive . I am excited it seems like you have success with your unit and I’ve seen you try to help other people with their failing or ‘defective units? I hope my unit doesn’t give me trouble growing plants.
I also notice a ton of people’s temp is kept way higher in their homes as we do. We keep out temp close to 70 degrees at all times and I see maybe 78 degree and 76 degree posts…which is a good 6-10 degrees hotter than our home!

2 Likes

Exciting times! Your gonna have so much fun!
That temp thing depends on your location too.
I keep my temps low but I can say that grobo temps are usually anywhere from 2-10 degrees higher depending on the stage.
Hydroguard, small fans, air conditioners and ceiling fans are all necessary in my Michigan home, not all at once all the time but the other alternative is a water chiller.
I bought so much for my grobo and don’t use half of It.
If ever you have questions I will be around!

3 Likes

Your the best! :blush: Truly, thank you! My mini hydro garden water temp is usually 76-79 degree but that’s also on the counter top with the light close to it all day and much less volume of water in it than what Grobo holds in its tank. The water temp being high is the only concern I have for growing in my home, our temp seems very suited for strong growth!

2 Likes

I bought a case of hydro guard too to help with high water temps from what I’ve read, also I think every time you fill the unit someone said use 5mL of hydrogaurd in the tank

2 Likes

That would be 5ml per 1 gal so use 15 ml or 3tsp because the grobo tank holds 3 gallons of water.

2 Likes

More progress after this week, started these all on the 11th of April! And here’s also a new one I started 1 week ago that is Bubba Kush so I’m told! And one that I moved to a bigger base now that it’s starting to grow more!

3 Likes

Week 4! Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Update on these bag seeds, they are growing really slow it looks to me, had them since April 11th

3 Likes