LST and techniques to increase your bud sites

Was wondering if anyone has a good resource for specific and demonstrated techniques for increasing the size of the canopy and to improve yields? Like an illustrated book or videos. Let me know? Thanks. Im just 24 days in but want to be on top of it.

3 Likes

Topping her will multiply bud sites, and thus your canopy. YouTube topping, and then lollipoping. That will get you started.

2 Likes

Thanks

Thanks!

@Andyrmt,

They talk and show some informationā€¦
:wink:

1 Like

Tent pegs man worked a treat haha

3 Likes

Are you bending the whole plant from the root/soil?

It appears from the picture that youā€™ve bent the main stem over. Iā€™ve not seen many folks try to implement lst traing on the main stem near the soil line

See pic image

3 Likes

Yes I started lst about week 3 and itā€™s formed solid bent over and all the small bud sights now seem to be growing as even as the top of the plant as topped aswell am I doing anything bad mate?

2 Likes

Bad? Nahā€¦ not really sure friend. Iā€™m sure Osage will step in and educate me on how common this is :joy::man_shrugging:

Just havenā€™t seen a lot of folks utilize that technique on cannabis. Typically you see the side shoots tied down, but the plant looks healthy so :+1::seedling:

1 Like

I took some more man

1 Like

If you are referring to the first pic in your post, thatā€™s mainlining. I love the technique and will implement it during my next grow. The mainlining in that pic is not the traditional way as Iā€™m aware of it, but to each his own. Itā€™s all about experimenting and developing new techniques :+1::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Aslong as Iā€™m not damaging the plant I was wondering if Iā€™ll have to remove them at any point man??

I canā€™t tell from the pics on yours because theyā€™re so red :joy::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take some more haha didnā€™t think about that man I was flying bro lol

1 Like

But with regards to staking the branches down, no, youā€™ll just have to adjust as she grows bigger

1 Like

I disagree with that assessment, The act of training a cannabis plant to form a ā€œhubā€ or ā€œmanifoldā€ off a single node, creating a center for equal energy distribution from the roots to each cola.

This is not manifolding or any version Iā€™ve seen. Just bent the main stem down to create more space. I would consider this LST. I donā€™t think itā€™s harmful and I agree that itā€™s good to play around and find new techniques

1 Like

If weā€™re talking about the same pic I disagree. You can tell the stem has been cut from the top because of the ā€œknucklesā€ on the top and each side. Take a closer look. Itā€™s someoneā€™s idea if mainlining in a different way. Everything has been taken from the bottom too. Look closer

Iā€™m talking about the first pic in YOUR post :joy::joy:

Same, the very first pic he posted not me. Weā€™ll have to agree to disagreeā€¦ the very definition of it

Nugbuckets

2 Likes

Fair enoughā€‹:joy: and yes thanks, I do know what mainlining/manifolding isā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like