Just Started my 1st grow

O.ok…thats whats up. Do u have pics of your lst techniques on here?

1 Like

Not really I didnt document too well on this grow because I was a bit busy.

If you look at this pic I took a couple weeks ago you can see the clear supports that I used to hold the branches down early on and the way it made the base buckle up.
Its best to start early.

4 Likes

WOW :boom:…nice. u put some work in. :muscle:t5: I was thinking that as well get LST in early and super cropping so it would form to the shape of the Grobro :evergreen_tree:. I’m super excited about my next grow. Its been so long for this grow I’m almost over it. But still can’t wait for the true test of the 1st smoke report…lol.

Where did you get the magnet hooks and the rack from?

For some reason my grobo racks is not long enough to go straight across. They off by a couple of inches.

U doing THC this time? Is that a Grobro spray bottle or its sticker on a bottle? U spray your plant with water from time to time? I always wondered about doing that

I always do high THC with high CBD.
Its a Grobo sticker on that bottle and no I never spray my plant or Grobo, its really just hanging there because I love the Grobo stickers!

1 Like

O.o.k…thats cool. Thought u said your last grow was CBD. Me too. great sticker. I have two and used one waiting to put the other one on something else

1 Like

Hang in there your going to be on your next grow in no time with plenty of new tricks to try out!
My son smoked the whole harvest after two weeks of curing so this time I will have to hide it to cure properly.
You can find the magnets on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T87KTT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The metal scrog was made from my clothes rack, mine didn’t fit into the Grobo without cutting it with a tile cutter or you can use anything that cuts threw metal.

You can find these at amazon too but I got this one from Menards awhile back.

3 Likes

Some seeds are just CBD but I get mine around 50/50.
This one is THC 21% & CBD 19%

2 Likes

Almost time for harvest. After tomorrow its set for flush

8 Likes

Thinking about whats next. Got a Moby Dick Auto seed. But its by Seedsman seeds. The growbro recipe is by Dinafem. Can i still use it? Any thoughts on what to do anyone @Bplatinum9 @Russel_Richardson @Azuri

1 Like

Looking really good @Jay_Peso I’d say your are a couple weeks out including flush!?

1 Like

I would go by the generic brand or look up both brands and see how much they differ.
Sometimes it can be a big difference!
If all fails you can always try the recipe from dinafem and adjust according to your plants needs.

1 Like

U think i should extend the grow

How would i know or find out my plants needs?

Not clear on what you mean when you say your plants needs, that is a wide topic.
I learned everything I know by reading every post on allgrowers and a website called Cannabis Defoliation Tutorial To Increase Yields | Grow Weed Easy

A couple mistakes a lot of questions and another website for seeds and info https://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seeds/flowering-type/feminised-cannabis-seeds

If your a bit more specific I can try and answer any question you may have.

1 Like

Completely up to you I like to see some amber on my trics. If you have 9, 10 days from now with flush she might be perfect. You should also notice when the buds no longer seem to be filling out at all, no more or hardly any white pistils coming out as thats still a sign of ripening. The ones that have more light will be ready sooner so I like to look at lower buds too- Kind of ranting now but hope this helps.

2 Likes

You was saying this

[quote=“Bplatinum9, post:132, topic:4631, full:true”]
I would go by the generic brand or look up both brands and see how much they differ.
Sometimes it can be a big difference!
If all fails you can always try the recipe from dinafem and adjust according to your plants needs.
[/quote]…how do i find out that info so I can compare? Is it thru the Grobro recipes list or somewhere else? And if I can’t find anything and just choose the Dinafem recipe how do I know what to add to it to work for the Seedsman seed I already have?

Ok got it, let’s see…

Characteristics

Seedsman has the Barneys Brand…

Characteristics

BREEDER/BRAND Barney’s Farm Seeds
GENETICS Central American
VARIETY Mostly Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 21.00%
CBD CONTENT 0.7%
YIELD Indoor: 500 g/m2
PLANT HEIGHT 100 - 110 cm (indoor)
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 60-70 days
HARVEST MONTH Mid October
TASTE / FLAVOUR Fruity
EFFECT Long-lasting, Relaxing, Uplifting
AWARDS Sativa Cup Winner 2010

I searched for Acapulco gold seeds by Dinafem and noticed that it may have come form Dinafem but its still a Barneys brand product.

But on the dinafem website there is still a difference even though its a Barneys product.

Characteristics of

Acapulco Gold cannabis seeds

Sex Feminised
Genotype Sativa-dominant
Suitable for Indoors and outdoors
Indoor flowering 70-75 days
Indoor yield 500 g/m2
Outdoor harvest time Mid-October / Late October
Outdoor yield 600 g/plant
THC 18.5%
CBD 1.4%

So now we know there is a difference in the same Breeder dependent on where you buy the seed.

This is why its Sometimes best to choose a generic recipe or as you can see if the difference is not too extreme you can try the recipe. With this one I would go with the dinafem recipe and keep an eye on it.

The dinafem seed takes longer in flower stage than the seedsman so you might need to adjust schedule in flower but that’s totally up to your plant.
It does just take experience without panic because nothing is set in stone and all plants grow differently.

I Would just grow the same strain twice in a row and keep a journal so that you will know what to adjust and when. Ask questions as you go so your not overwhelmed with a lot of unnecessary info like this may turn out to be for your grow style.
Post lots of pics so that allgrowers can help you every step.

2 Likes

My bad…I thought I put the new seed I have Moby Dick Auto. It was one of the free-bes when I brought Aco Gold. Wanted to try an auto. This strain took so long.

Moby dick auto is a Dinafem seed brand sold by Seedsman.