Just Started my 1st grow

I couldn’t tell you because I’m not a user, I can say my son didn’t complain. I was expecting a taller plant but it grew like most indica strains, short and bushy. It produced nice trichomes with a sticky purple/grape scent. I will say that it did seem to make a difference on brain activity for the better.
I’m excited to try the cheese grow to see if there is difference in yield. I lost one seed of it right before this but it grew enough for me to tell that it had some hefty leaves.

1 Like

@Bplatinum9,

I love this, great answer to the damping off question!!! We all learn from experience eh?

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

We sure do!!! :eyes::seedling::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yoooo. Stephen…loving my grobro. Just the beginning but excited about the hole process. Looking to see some new videos on YouTube

1 Like

O.ok…what about the cheese? Is that THC

1 Like
1 Like

O.ok…did u order a new one or work with what u had? Whats a EC meter? Its in the Grobro

1 Like

There are two probes/sensors in your grobo unit, one is a ph meter and the other an EC meter.

EC meters and pH meters are both used to help growers perfect their nutrient solutions.

This is the EC meter, located up top/ front in the white bracket next to the ph sensor where they attach on the right side of the grobo on separate black wire lines.

An EC meter, or electrical conductivity meter, is used in hydroponic gardening to measure the electrical conductivity of nutrient solutions to allow adjustment of nutrients, salts, and other elements for healthier plant growth.

The ph sensor - A pH Meter or ph probe can be defined as a scientific instrument that measures the hydrogen-ion concentration (or pH ) in a solution, indicating its acidity or alkalinity.
These meters are very important to the auto functioning and regulation of the grobo. Without them you would have to measure water ph, temps, humidity, nutrients, etc continually on your own, sort of like a tent grow.

5 Likes

Wow…thanks for all the info. Do u change them often?

1 Like

Do u think it leaning? I was thinking about putting a toothpick and thread to make it stand straight up

1 Like

Not unless they break. You do have to recalibrate them every 3-4 months. Hope you have 4.0 & 7.0 calibration solution at the end of this grow. PH & KCI storage solution is also good to have to store your probes in while cleaning system.

1 Like

It looks fine, a lot of plants may be I’ll positioned because its hard to put the seed in the pod perfectly. No worries! If it starts to really lean you can use grobo supports if you have them or any old thing that helps keep it upright. She doesn’t appear to be leaning just off centered.

2 Likes

O.ok…thank you. Thats what i was thinking

1 Like

O.ok…i will check out grobro supplies n get some if they have it. U know if they have a video on YouTube to show how to calibrate? Do you work for Grobro?..lol you know so much

2 Likes

I wish I worked for Grobo! Lol!
I’m new to growing but I learned a ton before my grobo showed up back when deliveries were every couple months.
So you asked and here it is!

4 Likes

O.ok…yea. you should. You know your shit and back it up every time. I remember watching this video. Got to checknit out again. My apologies for asking so many questions. But you are very knowledgeable and passionate about this product. Which i appreciate. It apears to me and maybe others that its not a big support team that can handle the so many customers and potential customers day to day questions and @Stephen is only one man. Which is dope as fuck to speak with him or e-mailing you back. But it takes a minute. But he cant do it by himself. And i get it. If im wrong and it is a suppot team. My apologies. But it appears that way to me. So thanks B9.

But i do have a question for today…lol does the water evaporates or the plant drinks (lack of a better word) water up really fast in the beginning stages? It seems to need to be topped off. Or do i have a leak. Checked this morning before going to work. The Grobro is in a room with carpet. Going to check when i get off to see if carpet is wet. Was to early to check was running late. Also…lol. its a few gloden brown spots on the first leaves that came up. Do you know what that could mean?

3 Likes

Thanks @Jay_Peso
Ask away! I Don’t mind and allgrowers is a great place to learn. I don’t know everything but I’m willing to help out if I can.
Water can evaporate if your rh/humidity is high,
Some plants may get more thirsty than others.
I hope your not leaking but best to make sure because it could affect operations.

Brown spots can mean several things so its best to show a picture. Just keep an eye on the leaves to know if its something that will spread. These things usually don’t go beyond the first leaves or after a correction so I wouldn’t panic yet. Just keep watch :eyes::seedling:

Be aware: Note: Your Grobo will not fill up all the way. The maximum it will fill is to the top sensor. This level will change based on the growth stage of your plant. For example, when your plant starts to root, the water level will be to the second sensor as that is all the plant needs to grow. Please DO NOT manually top up the water level at any point. Your Grobo knows what the water level should be - leave it to your unit!

4 Likes

Hey @Jay_Peso,

I’m filming calibration this Thursday night, trying to film each week in our new studio. Shift schedule is coming too! Keep your eyes on our YouTube channel for updates.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Looking forward to see it

1 Like

Thank u…here are a few pics. I think there is a leak. The carpet is a little wet. And i can see water on bottom edges…Soil looks n feels dry and weird white ball things on it
kinda see spots if zoomed in

2 Likes