Just Started my 1st grow

O.ok…yea. you should. You know your shit and back it up every time. I remember watching this video. Got to checknit out again. My apologies for asking so many questions. But you are very knowledgeable and passionate about this product. Which i appreciate. It apears to me and maybe others that its not a big support team that can handle the so many customers and potential customers day to day questions and @Stephen is only one man. Which is dope as fuck to speak with him or e-mailing you back. But it takes a minute. But he cant do it by himself. And i get it. If im wrong and it is a suppot team. My apologies. But it appears that way to me. So thanks B9.

But i do have a question for today…lol does the water evaporates or the plant drinks (lack of a better word) water up really fast in the beginning stages? It seems to need to be topped off. Or do i have a leak. Checked this morning before going to work. The Grobro is in a room with carpet. Going to check when i get off to see if carpet is wet. Was to early to check was running late. Also…lol. its a few gloden brown spots on the first leaves that came up. Do you know what that could mean?

3 Likes

Thanks @Jay_Peso
Ask away! I Don’t mind and allgrowers is a great place to learn. I don’t know everything but I’m willing to help out if I can.
Water can evaporate if your rh/humidity is high,
Some plants may get more thirsty than others.
I hope your not leaking but best to make sure because it could affect operations.

Brown spots can mean several things so its best to show a picture. Just keep an eye on the leaves to know if its something that will spread. These things usually don’t go beyond the first leaves or after a correction so I wouldn’t panic yet. Just keep watch :eyes::seedling:

Be aware: Note: Your Grobo will not fill up all the way. The maximum it will fill is to the top sensor. This level will change based on the growth stage of your plant. For example, when your plant starts to root, the water level will be to the second sensor as that is all the plant needs to grow. Please DO NOT manually top up the water level at any point. Your Grobo knows what the water level should be - leave it to your unit!

4 Likes

Hey @Jay_Peso,

I’m filming calibration this Thursday night, trying to film each week in our new studio. Shift schedule is coming too! Keep your eyes on our YouTube channel for updates.

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Looking forward to see it

1 Like

Thank u…here are a few pics. I think there is a leak. The carpet is a little wet. And i can see water on bottom edges…Soil looks n feels dry and weird white ball things on it
kinda see spots if zoomed in

2 Likes

So with your unit losing water it effects the amount of nutrients your plant has to intake. Your plant could be suffering from a calcium deficiency due to water issues.
Put a ticket in and have the PH checked while your working on fixing the loss of water issues!

• Not Maintaining pH – If growers don’t manage pH, their plants may show signs of nutrient deficiencies even if the nutrients are actually there near the roots.
  • Improper Watering Technique – Growers who don’t water properly (growing mediums stays wet or dry for too long, poor drainage, etc) often start getting nutrient deficiencies as the plant isn’t able to effectively carry out normal plant processes
  • Too Small Container – Nutrient problems crop up when plants are kept in a small container for too long without being transferred to a bigger pot (this is known as being “root bound” and can cause the plant to display nutrient deficiencies because the roots aren’t functioning properly)
  • Bugs – a lot of bugs and pests may initially look like a deficiency (spots on the leaves can appear from bites, or if bugs have infested the soil, etc)

Cannabis nutrient deficiencies can show up for a bunch of different reasons

Check your PH before you adjust anything!

What is that in your coco pod? She is looking very sad so take care of the water quickly if you can!

2 Likes

If you are blowing a humidifier at the back fans, then it’s probably too close, and building up condensation, then dripping down. That would be my first guess :+1::v:If so pull it back and dial it down some

2 Likes

O.ok thank you once again B. Im not sure whats those white balls on the coco pod. They just appeared

1 Like

I would remove them and watch to see if they grow back. Careful not to touch your plant during process.

1 Like

Thank you…i will do that. U mention a “ticket” how and where do u do that. Couldn’t find it. Is it in support tab in grobro app

It’s probably just the regular bacteria that occurs on the coco pod. Mine isn’t brown anymore it’s more like a beige, it happens

3 Likes

support@grobo.io @Jay_Peso

2 Likes

Hey whats up Bobbie. Hope all is well. They actually came back. Amd the yellow golden spots are still there and some what spreading

1 Like

Did you ever send a ticket in to have the ph checked?
You may need to check and see if one of your lines are pinched to your nutrient bottles because calcium deficiency can be caused by low ph.
Also try mixing 50/50 Ro Water/Distilled for fills.
Keep a close eye on nutrient bottles and post more pictures so we can see whats going on!
P.s. Are you using a Dehumidifier or water chiller? Have you calibrated your probes?

1 Like

I have only had the Grobro for a month and 1 day. I only have changed the water when notified. And just used distilled water. Are you saying use a mixture of ro and distilled water mix. I check the lines and seems fine will check again. Yes I sent in a ticket. Waiting for response

4 Likes

Yeah I use 50/50 mix…
Looks like a ph problem!
Glad you put in a ticket!
Did you use a generic recipe?

2 Likes

I use distilled water from different stores. They where different brands as well. They adjusted my pH levels. Should I stop using distilled water and start using RO water? Where do you get ro water from?

1 Like

Yes and:

https://www.amazon.com/Countertop-Reverse-Osmosis-Purification-Deionizing/dp/B00GDGTKRY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=5+stage+reverse+osmosis+system+countertop&qid=1579769804&sr=8-4

2 Likes

O.ok…thanks. do u know any stores i can physically walk in to get it? My Grobro has me change the water every week.

But the ro filtration system above from amazon and never lug water around again :joy::joy::+1::v:

1 Like