Is my little flower sick?

Hey all - I’m still super new to this and I am 3 weeks into a Blue Dream Autoflower grow and I went to drain and replace the water last night and it looks a little sick to me as one of the leaves is discolored and yellow (see the attached picture), and was hoping someone here could give me an idea on what steps to take next? Is it as simple as removing the leaf, or is there a larger issue? Is the grow doooooooomed?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Pesky

2 Likes

Another picture, if this helps show the difference:

2 Likes

@PeskyLarue, is your coco pod wet? What do your bottles look like? Are they dispensing correctly? Your coco pod looks low compared to the rest of ours (dampening off is a big issue, so you do not want that coco pod soaking wet). Are you marking your bottles with each water change to see how much they are dispensing? Those are my first questions… :wink:

2 Likes

thanks for the reply!

1. The coco pod is moist, rather than wet - if I push down a little then I feel moisture on my finger, but it’s not wet
  2. Bottles look fine and seem to be dispensing (they are at slightly different levels)
  3. If the pod looks low, is there there anything I can do to raise it, or is it just a wait and see?
  4. Have not been marking the bottles but going to do that now…

thanks again!

3 Likes

To raise it just push it ever so gently about 2in it should stay up might want to add a sec fan to dry coco pod very important the top stays super dry since it looks like she should have roots by now

4 Likes

@PeskyLarue, don’t delay. Get in there and push that little pod up, just be careful to not damage the tap root. For me I reach in with my hand palm up, then I gently grip the bottom of the coco pod with the tips of all of my fingers and thumb so they surround the bottom of the pod. I then gently push up while twisting the entire pod like a screw. Once it starts to move, it’s easy. Just be gentle and don’t be in a rush.

I also recommend getting a small fan ASAP to circulate some air around the plant. Your plant will be just fine. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Thank you, I will be home in a few hours and move the pod up, but the plant DOES have roots.

4 Likes

thank you, will move the pod in the next few hours and have a very small fan that I can use to circulate the air, so I will stick that in there later. Is this really just a “low-pod” issue?

1 Like

Does anyone have a pic of how the pod SHOULD be sitting?

3 Likes

The yellowing of the leaves is most likely nutrient burn which is common with Grobo since it introduces nutrients so early. When I grow in a tent, I don’t don’t use nutrients until week 2 at the earliest and never experience nutrient burn.

There are tons of threads showing the raised cocoa pod, just search “dampening off.”

4 Likes

awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

@PeskyLarue this is what mine looks like!

4 Likes

reseated it last week, but forgot to update you guys - thanks for the help!

3 Likes

I don’t see any bubbles. Check your air stone.

1 Like

You might want to do a hard reset if you don’t see bubbles. Unplug for 10 to 20 sec and plug back in light will turn on after a few min if it works you will get the pump working

1 Like

- - - [2021-08.25]:

Aug 25, 12:05 PM

@PeskyLarue,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

Damping_Of..~~

(Click Here To Read More):

--

:brain:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like