I got a "Sweet Tooth"

Yes, my friend lives nearby. I can also give him my email and password to change the water.

1 Like

Then you just need to hook up to his wifi through settings in your “my grobo”

3 Likes

@Azuri

Why would a grobo user not be able to control the device from across town?

Before we get to far into the absolute network nightmare this would be to manage for the grobo team and end users w multiple networks and vlans, but almost seems completely restricting an owners device (kinda like Apple does “for your own good”). I don’t think that’s the case here

Makes no mention of same vlan/network requirement. I just received shipping info for my grobo so I’ll know the answer for sure in a few days.

I’ll try to put together a quick drawing , sorry about the quality I just scribbled out

An equally poor drawing

@Stoned based on that above you can control the device or what you can control of the device from anywhere you’re smart device has internet access as is connected at both locations. You should try it, connect to your mobile network on your smart phone and leave your grobo on your home network and see if you can control the grobo, id like to know definitively. :+1::seedling: :airplane:

2 Likes

We log into the app that’s on the grobo servers where their team can monitor the grobo and make changes or troubleshoot.

The grobo “app” using that term loosely which is a web based GUI is not stored on our smart phones, PCs w/e. Said software application is located on a protected device in Canada. You download nothing from a playstore/AppStore/windows store

We log into our accounts and make changes from it.

The grobo servers send that information to grobo to make said changes.

If this is true the network shouldn’t matter.

Unless I’m missing something here

3 Likes

Never said it couldn’t be done in fact it has been done. The OP said he wanted to move the unit to his friends house. Maybe just easier to check on it?

Hey @James

Here’s a full thread where we discussed this before. Anyone with login details can log in from pretty much anywhere. Just don’t hit that drain function remotely. :joy:

Happy growing! :herb:

5 Likes

@Azuri

I miss understood I guess. Couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t be able to control it else where and as usual used far too many words :joy::man_shrugging:

Thanks

1 Like

It worked, connecting it to the internet is always a bitch and a half

2 Likes

If I started flush 10 days before the grobo started the schedule, can I harvest early

1 Like

If you are happy with where your plant is go for it. You can harvest whenever you see fit. Now a few tips on harvesting at the optimal time. First you’ll need a 60-100x jewelers loupe. Next you’ll be looking at the trichomes on the leaves and buds(what you would call crystals) if they are mostly clear, you want to wait, if they’re mostly cloudy, and the pistils(what a lot of people call the hairs coming out of the buds) are mostly amber then you are right where you need to be(in my humble opinion! Because this is usually when I harvest) also you don’t have to take the whole plant down. Sometimes(really most or much of the time) buds develop at different intervals on the same plant. Just cut the buds off that are ready and let the rest mature and take as they become ready :+1::v:

That said some people like to harvest just before the trichs turn cloudy, and others like to wait until they are mostly cloudy/milky and some have turned amber(not the pistils in this case. They will all have turned amber) hope that helps. :+1::v:

4 Likes

Alright, I wanted to know because I didn’t know if the final nutes would affect the flavor of the buds

1 Like

No during flush nutes aren’t dosed. If you aren’t sure or worried, just unplug bottles 3-5, and keep 1-2 in so the box can still ph your water​:+1::v:

2 Likes

Wait wait, I didn’t unattach the bottles when I say I did a flush I meant I just added regular RO water to the grobo during the last 1.5 weeks of the flower stage. Today is the first day of flush on the grobo schedule.

9 Likes

Wow those are some nice colas dude

4 Likes

Those look great. During flush in the machine it will not dispense nutes. If you were simply filling, then nutes got dispensed. No worries though. Let her flush as intended and you will be happy. Also if you have access to flawless finish by advanced nutrients that will help even better. But. You’re good. Congrats can’t wait to see your wet and dry weights

2 Likes

Also I noticed you used a magnet to tie a leaf of a heavy bud to the side of the grobo…great idea! It was getting too heavy and you came up with that fix, am I right?? Well done :+1::v:

2 Likes

Are they(the buds) squishy, or tight. Meaning when you squeeze a bud does it squish in or is it a bit hard/tough? I’m guessing tough/tight :+1::v::joy: well done either way

Partly, it was also to move the leaves out of the way so the lower buds would get light. I didn’t want to cut all the fan leaves during it’s flower stage

1 Like

I actually have not even touched them, my hands are not worthy

1 Like