Sharing App?

Hi Guys,

Going on vacation and a friend will be filling in. Can I put the Grobo app on her phone as well so she can, eg, operate the fill and drain functions when I’m away?

Thanks much!

4 Likes

Good question. I’d like to know the answer to this one, although I have an idea of what that might be. If all else fails you could simply forward the notifications from your email to the friend helping you out. That person could then unlock your unit’s door by holding the user button on back. But that doesnt solve the problem of filling and draining the unit. To my knowledge, there isn’t an offline solution to draining and filling. I guess if the friend went to the “my grobo” link then put all your info in at your house with WiFi password etc that it should work but not really sure. Great question though isn’t it @Stephen ?

2 Likes

I’m going to speculate on this one. It’s not really truly an app. It’s still web based so technically someone with your account user name and password is all you would need to log in. (Not sure if you want to this, would need to be someone trusted) You can be on any network not necessarily the home network of the Grobo. The home wifi is used to connect the grobo to the internet, a friend wouldn’t need that password.

Could be wrong but I don’t think so.

1 Like

They would need the password of the WiFi to connect the grobo if it isn’t connected. But other than that I pretty much agree.

1 Like

Hi @Madmax,

Ahhhh, vacation. @Osage and @Azuri are right on this one again. You could simply share your login details with your friend, and they can access the unit right from their phone/tablet/computer.

Enjoy the time off,
Stephen

4 Likes

And then upon returning, I would change login credentials for the obvious reasons. Always better safe than sorry right lol :joy:

1 Like

Lol, if your friend gets really mad they just hit ‘drain’ in the middle of the night and flood your plant and ruin your carpet.

1 Like

Lol. It has to be a trustworthy friend for me to share my grow. :man_shrugging:t2::grin:

2 Likes

#CaringIsSharing:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb: