⛺ Grow - GG#4 / Blue Dream / Hutchcroft **Harvested 636 grams**

Prepping for my next run, going to pop these a little later tonight.

4 - Fem - ILGM - GG#4
3 - Fem - ILGM - Blue Dream
8 - Regular - MetroBros (name pending) - Hutchcroft (Underdawg D x Do Si Dos)
1 - Bagged - Ice Cream Cake

Fun fact about the Hutchcroft strain, it was named after the street where many of my child-adulthood friends and I grew up hanging out at. One of our friend in the group created this strain and named it after our club.

I am planning on raising the seedlings and let it veg under T5s while my current grobo run finishes up in the tent, then I’ll move them into the tent after drying is done.

In full disclosure: This is my first tent run. Not any kind of pro.

Edit: for anyone curious on the nutrient line I use here is a simple formula that I use

Medium
Flora Flex 1 Gal Quick Fill Bags

Fertigation Method
Top Feed + Ebb & Flow recirculation combo

Base
Canna Coco A & B

Cal Mag / Silica
Love Trees - Cal Si Mag
Advanced Nutrients - CalMag X-Tra

Stacking (Volume) / Stretch (Height)

• Canna Boost at 50% during stacking
  • Big Bud during the staking phase and stop when the buds start fattening up

Bulking (Weight) / Stretch (Height)

• Canna Boost at 100% during bulking
  • Canna pk 13/14 during bulking, pull after you notice the plants stopped fattening up

Maturing / Trichome Development (Frost)

• Canna Boost 200% during maturing
  • Overdrive 100%
17 Likes

1 blue dream immediate sank to the bottom.
I decided to toss in all 8 hutchcroft and a bagged seed.
Now to study how to grow and automate in coco :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

That’s so awesome @Vicc

9 Likes

Very cool story about the Hutchcroft;

I just ripped on some Underdawg I had left over the other day, still was very potent… was from like 9 months ago, enough for maybe 1 pack of my vape :smiley:

I also know Do-Si-Dos quite well, and it’s one hell of a good strain.

ALSO, I like me some GG#4 and Blue Dream, so definitely approve of the choices personally :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@pyromancy

Underdawg D is different than Underdawg, its inbred a few times, but still same lineage
And actually a grand inbred :laughing:

6 Likes

Cool, I figured it was different, but good to know :smiley:

I got some 3 Chems right now that I’m vaping on which I think as far as I can remember it’s Stardawg x Chem Dawg x Tres Dawg

4 Likes

Got some new toys for the tent run, can’t wait to try them out!

12 Likes

i just ordered two of something along the same line! In the tent, i definitely need something that’s a constant monitor i can just look at instead of thinking “hey, i should really check my pH and EC right now.”

3 Likes

After a 36 hour soak, they were transferred into paper towels.

I’m happy to see that so far, Hutchcroft is performing the best, its probably because they are regular seeds (I am told feminized seeds have a much lower germination rate due to the seeds being treated with solutions such as silver nitrate or colloidal silver to feminized them.)

6/8 Hutchcroft opened up
2/4 ILGM - GG4 opened up
1/3 ILGM - Blue dream opened up
0/1 Bagged - Ice Cream Cake still dormant

The reason these strains were selected was because they are all known to stretch around the same height and have the same rate of metabolism so they should be much easier to maintain with a auto feed drip system.

10 Likes

Transferred them into the propagator all but 2 Hutchcroft and 1 bagged Ice Cream Cake spawned tails.
Soaked the coco pods into a starter solution at half strength.

6 Likes

Awesome! Aren’t seeds more responsive the fresher and newer they are as well?

4 Likes

That is also true, there are many different factors.

Older seeds sometimes require some peroxide and sugar in the water to pop.

None of these are old, I could have stimulated more growth by using a heat mat but I didn’t plan ahead and temps were around 72.

Also USPS did stomp on like 1/3 of my seeds during shipment so some of them could have been damaged.

4 Likes

:seedling: progress

7 Likes

Nice! They are shootin up!

Looks like your light might be a little far away though? They are stretching pretty hard? I could be wrong.

Looks great though. Congrats.

5 Likes

bing, bing, bing, up, up, up, it’s like 4th of July over there!

4 Likes

They should be fine. T5s hitting them with 6400-7000 lux depending on height, yes it could be like a bit higher but its still within range. The T5s are directly on top of the propagator. Any tall seedlings will be sowed deeper

3 Likes

The rest of my Black Friday haul arrived.
With my ph controller that I already have, my tent should be automated ready once the next run is fully running

6 Likes

And then they were 10

A few of them didn’t pop. I understood that some of the hutchcroft may have been damaged during shipping as half of them were crushed. My friend sent me 15 and only 8 of then weren’t crushed so they could have been damaged. I’ll get more in a few weeks

Got them transplanted into cups. Going to keep them here for a month or so until the tent is vacant

4 hutchcroft
3 blue dream
3 gg4

Going to keep them under a dome for a bit

Then move them to this vegging area im prepping for them. Just working on getting all the hygrometer and humidifier controls into place before hand

9 Likes

Just a small update. I suspect that the rapid rooters I used were bad since I found gnats in the propagator. They seem to have been doing much better in the cups, 1 of the GG4 doesn’t look so good, but I guess that’s okay since I’ll be looking to thin the herd when flower comes around and keep only the best performers. I started hitting them with a fan, CO2 and added some blue spectrums. They will probably remain in here for another 2 weeks before transplanting and moving into the tent.

I still haven’t gotten around to contacting ILGM around their unpopped seeds. I have a total of 3 ILGM duds now (2 blue dream, 1 GG4). I’ll get to it eventually.

another week later:
After recovering from bad PH, Hutchcroft looks like its starting to look better than the rest of the seedlings. Its stacking very well and tight compared to the rest and has better leaf shape.

9 Likes

Vegetative Phase I (Week 1)

Now that MK Ultra finished up in the :tent:, I was able to find some time (it literally took me 6 hours to tear down, disinfect and set back up) to start week 1 of veg.

I started off with a drain to waste system however I had such a difficult time flushing the coco to the run off down to a stable PH that I ended up building a recirculation system. I am still missing a pump, dripper stakes clips and 1 more tray. So I will need to forego getting the Irrigation automation up and running until I order the parts, which is fine since this is my first time doing coco, might as well learn some of the ropes via manual feeding.

This is also my first time transplanting the seedlings, I hope they make it :pray:

Base: Canna Coco A/B
Calmag: Cal Si Mag
Additives: Hydroguard / B-52 (for stress from transplanting)

Temp: 78-85f
Light: 35k lux (will gradually lower light within the next few days until 55k lux)
CO2: 1000 ppm
EC: 1.4

Cool thing is that I filed a claim for the 3 ILGM dud seeds, they were kind enough to send me a 10 seed pack (5 blue dream / 5 GG4) as a replacement so if you have any ILGM seeds that failed to pop, I highly recommend filing a claim and ask for replacements, take advantage of their 100% germination rate guarantee.

11 Likes