Granddaddy Purple (Fem) ILGM - Grow Numero Uno

Well guess what showed up in the mail today… some Wedding Dake, GDP, Cherry pie, and GSC Xtreme seeds!

So this is my first grow with my Grobo… and my first real grow period. Seeds came in today, which happens to be my birthday, which hopefully will also be the birthday of my GDP plant!

Okay, I really don’t wanna screw this up, so expect me to make lots of posts…

Right now the temperature of my water is reading right at 18 degrees C (65 F). My Grobo happens to be in my basement, which isn’t heated. I still keep it anywhere between 19.5-23 C (67-73 F) usually with a couple of space heaters because I also have my computer and vinyl cutter down here.

Is 18 degrees C TOO cold…? Or just kinda cold?

10 Likes

65F as your water temp is great! The air temp of 67-73F should be fine too. That’s right about the conditions where I have 2 grows now close to harvest.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with your first plant! Keep in touch on the forums here and we’ll help along the way.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday And CONGRATULATIONS!

CAN’T Wait To See Your GDP Grow.
Keep It Simple… Don’t Over Think It.
Grobo Is Great At Doin Its Job And We All Here For Support.

3 Likes

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (#HappyBirthday [:cake:]): (What Awesome Presents You Have There [:gift_heart: :gift:]): (Please Do Make One Topic Per Plant): (This Way We Can Follow Your Grow As You Grow):

(OthersStillLearningWhatATopicIsFor): (ClickHere):
  • (Sadly We Still Have Growers Making Multiple Topics For Their One Grow -Which- Makes It Harder On Us To Keep Following Their Grows -And- It Makes It Harder For Us To Keep All Growers Cleaned-Up):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/day-7-of-curing/5918/3?u=silvergrobo

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/bruce-banner-v2-auto-day-48-3-14-of-transition/9655/5

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/community-grow-photos/508/208

--

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• (WelcomeToTheWorldLittleOne): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (Hang A Moist Washcloth Or Two On The Walls To Promote Dew Points):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/humidity-levels-help/10049/3

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (Late Veg. Is Comming Up -And- The Water Will Rise Back Up To Give You Some Issues If Your Pod Stays Low Like This): (-Plus- Some Reads [:open_book:] About Warmer Waters In Your Tank):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/1033/22

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/5183/23

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/9024/5

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (#YourGrowYourCall): (I Would Keep Them Until They Have No More Use To Them): (Are Your leaves Wet):? :question: (-Or- Is This An illusion):? :question:

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (I Would Wait 'Till She Reaches The Bottom Of The First Fan Before Topping Her): (When She Goes Into [LateVeg.] She Will Be Getting More Nutes -And- More Water [As You Know] So May Help To Lift Your Pod Some If Your Pod Is A Long One):

- - -

@PhilLeshPhan,

• (Is Your Roots Slimy To The [Touch/&-Or-Stinky] If Not -Then- It Is Just Nutrient Stain): (Nice Shots -And- I Can’t Find Slime In My :eye:): (Your Reservoir Temps Is Good -And- You Can Stop With The Hydroguard If You Feel Comfortable):

Slime..~~ {Slimy}:

- - - [2021-06.22]:

@PhilLeshPhan,

• From: ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:) {Above Shared :arrow_up:}:

• To: (#ILoveThisFlower): :white_flower: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :blossom:

• To: ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

7 Likes

Look what popped up today! Is it normal to be growing not straight up like this?

4 Likes

give her a couple days to straighten out. It’s normal to slant. Your pod looks like it may have something to do with it as well. Is your coco seed cover still there? If so, get rid of it.

5 Likes

It was still on there. I actually put on some of my gloves and gently moved it off and back over to the side where I had initially ripped it off of right after making this post.

5 Likes

Good, i bet you she’s straight by tomorrow morning. I’d shoot for your 19.5C temps. It’ll keep your res cool enough to not worry about root rot, and your internal Grobo temp right where you want it. Also, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

5 Likes

=

Day 11! Aint she cute?

Anyway, I’m having trouble keeping the humidity reading in my Grobo above 20%. The only real source of humidity I’m currently using is a small Vicks Cool Mist humidifier outside of the Grobo - I’m understanding I want my humidity closer to 50%.

Anyone have a decent humidifier they can recommend for me? Also, maybe suggested humidity levels for each stage for my Granddaddy Purple?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Day 19 - 9/14 Early Vegetation.

Worked up the courage to peek at my roots and take a picture… I’m completely new to all of this, do these roots look normal for this stage?

I’ve had a tiny bit of a problem getting the water temp down, it’s been hovering around 70 the past couple of days where it was around 66 previously. Air temp has been staying around 70-74, finally got the humidity to come up some too.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks good.
I think you will need to push up your pod. You want to make sure its not touching the water.

1 Like

Hey Folks! A little update on my grow. I had an issue damping off occur early on. I did end up removing the first two sets of leaves because they had shriveled up and turned brown as a result. Since then, I have started using Hydroguard and followed some much needed advise from some of the growing community here on AllGrowers. I have added a fan to strengthen the plant, added a 6L humidifier, an air purifier for the room, and am keeping my basement around 71 using a space heater. I started my grow during the coldest part of this winter which lead to some issues managing temps and humidity levels.

I did extend early vegetation to help fight damping off after being told the water level is lower during early veg. I’m currently on day 32 overall, Day 22/23 of extended early vegetation. She seems to be doing okay now, just still a little small in my opinion?

Anyway, she’s getting about to where she’s to the 5-6th node, what’s everyone’s opinion on topping her? I’ve read that if she’s struggling at all it’s best to not top her, but she seems like she’s okay? (Or does she?) And is she too small to even consider topping now anyway? I’m adding pictures of what she looks like right now.

3 Likes

My very 1st grow in Grobo was gdp also… it’s so very strong actually too damn strong and I been smoking since 12… 2 puffs anybody who’s had it was done just taps out! I’ve had the best of the best and that strain by far is my favorite!

1 Like

GDP has been my favorite for years now…never can find it at dispensaries here in Illinois either. I do purchase lots of Purple Punch though, which is really similar.

Little update… she’s moving right along. Curiosity got the best of me and I topped her a week or two ago. She’s starting to get a little bass in her voice it seems.

5 Likes

Extended late veg another week

4 Likes

2 Likes

Looking good :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, brother!

1 Like