Brown leaf tips, white specs on leaves

Alright I’m still having an issue here… I’m on day 1 of late vegetation. A week or so ago both of my first bottom 2 leafs started turning brown at the. Tip of the leaves. Eventually it moved in and the entire 2 leafs dried up and were almost completely brown. I clipped them off. I started using hydrogrow and added another fan into the Grobo. Also sprayed with neem oil. Now there’s these white specs on most of my leaf tops. There’s also a foul smell coming from my reservoir, it smells like my fox farm kangaroot… which I added one day since I didn’t have hydroguard before realizing it was probably a bad idea. I’ve already done a drain and fill a day or two ago since adding the kangaroot. My tap root is turning brown but the newer root growth is still white. I have an air purifier in the room and a humidifier, my humidity basically always stays around 40%. I need some help from someone who knows what’s going on here and how to fix it… any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to lose her.

2 Likes

Are you using a humidifier with tap water?

2 Likes

I think your struggling with root rot unless that kangaroot was dark enough to stain your roots? Root rot has a bad smell, darkens roots and feels slimy!
If you dont feel any slime on your roots you may have caught it in time! How much hydroguard are you using? 3tea or 15 ml is best!.

The white spots are probably from the neem oil you sprayed. Did you have a bug problem? If not you shouldn’t be using this product at all. As a rule never use sprays in the grobo, a small bowl or saucer of neem oil in the grobo is effective and doesnt harm the plant!
The brown spots are from a fluctuation in your ph, did you calibrate your probe before starting this grow? The first leaves are always the first to turn brown and go!
Your plant doesnt look bad and should survive what you have done to it as long as you keep the roots from the light, use reversed osmosis or distilled water only, continue to use hydroguard and keep it simple!
Repost as often as you need to with picture of the full plant, reservoir, nutrients and description of problem! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Hey guys. Check the Watertemp. I think it’s to high.
60 - 70 °f is good

1 Like

She seems to be doing better now! The kangaroot was actually REALLY smelly and REALLY dark… I’m actually wondering if that’s how it’s supposed to look. Either way, I’ve done two drain and fills since then and am getting ready for my weekly one today. I finally got my hydroguard in and extended early vegetation. Currently sitting at day 32 overall. Here’s some updated pics (I did remove the bottom leafs which were brown and dried up)

1 Like

and Bplatinum9 no, actually I used to think we had lots of spiders down here in my basement but I’ve noticed minimal bugs at all down here since I started my grow and got my little room cleaned out down here. I hung a square of yellow sticky insect tape near the light recommended by someone on here about a week ago, I just checked it and it’s clean.

2 Likes

It’s really starting to look like nutrient burn in these later pics. The brown tips anyway. The white specs may be calcium deposits if you are using a humidifier. Looks like the dose may have been a little hot, but other than that she looks good. Stem doesn’t show any signs of dampening, so I think she’s doing fine.

1 Like