Grand Daddy Purps ILGM second grow!

Looks great @Manny ! It looks like she might be done growing vertically but if not you should be ok. Like @Todd.grobo said you can push the cocopod thru the lid to gain a few inches as a last resort.

Enjoy the flowering stage and you should start to see her frost up with trichomes real soon!

5 Likes

Thanks …I’ll push the pod down a bit on next water fill…much appreciated

2 Likes

I got one that low that low and looks like ot won’t make it to top …so I just cut stem off right?

1 Like

Yep! Make sure to do all your cuttings at once so she isn’t continually stressed. Just one quick culling of weaker branches and leaves covering bud sites. Then leave her be. She doesn’t wanna be overly stressed right now, it’s kinda boring day-to-day but if you take pics at the beginning of each week you can clearly see horizontal growth!

3 Likes

Late to reply… Yes everything they all said! Looks great, your doing a tremendous job on your first grow. The training looks good too!! Keep us updated!!!

3 Likes

Hello growers,Here is my weekly pic updates… I hope it looks ok to all of you expert growers out there? I have a question it’s my first grow so i was wondering since I’m on day 87 Flower(day 28/50) is the grobo going to tell me when to flush? Or is that something i have to do myself and how do i do that? Also what else would y’all suggest at harvest , what do i need ? And how far away do all of you think i am? do i take it all the way to day 50 of flower? And then it will flush automatically, like will the machine not give it more nutrients, or do i have to do something here? I’m confused as to what’s next? Sorry first grow so i don’t know the process, @miami5th @SilverGrobo @Todd.grobo @Stephen @OrionsCeiling @zacuriah @Bplatinum9 Thank you…

6 Likes

You’ve got a while before she’s finished. She’ll definitely need the full 50 and probably more to finish flowering. When the time comes there’s a way to extend the flowering stage in the app. So far you’re lookin great!

And yes, everything is pretty automated in the Grobo so you won’t need to remove nutrients when time comes to flush. You’ve got a ways to go before then

8 Likes

Thank you @OrionsCeiling , question what do you feel I need to order or have so I’m ready in three to four more weeks.? What do you suggest are essentials in the harvest and curing stage.?

5 Likes

You’ll need at least the following:

Jeweler’s loupe
Trimming shears
Grobo magnetic cables for drying
Patience

For a month it won’t look like she’s changing but she’ll get fatter and fatter she looks great

6 Likes

Gloves are essential, tin foil wirks great to catch and freeze in.
Canning jars with sealable lids
Good job , looks like a month to go

6 Likes

Thanks @OrionsCeiling for looking out , much appreciated…

3 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo tin foil to catch and freeze , I’m sorry I’m not familiar with that?

4 Likes

Like if you were to lay a layer of tinfoil on the base of the Grobo area to catch the trichomes/hash/leaves for freezing

4 Likes

When you trim, do it over the tin foil. Lots of crystal will catch on it. Keep your leaves and sweet leaves in it in the freezer overnight. Next morning massive sift.

Go to youtube and search for mr canuckgrows
He has literal step by step time lapse photos og how to grow ans harvest weed from simple to crazy setups. Photos, videos and time lapse plant grows to show you exactly what hes doing.

6 Likes

I’d even recommend doing a dry trim and then getting a trim bin for when you trim so that the sifted kief/trichomes fall through a screen and you can collect them easier. Very great investment!

@Todd.grobo MrCanucks is the King of perpetual home grow I love it when anyone recommends his vids.

6 Likes

They really help you learn! What can you say. He puts a lot of work into it.

5 Likes

The plant is looking really good @Manny ! By the looks of it she will need a few more weeks in flower still. At this point you may want to take it 1 week at a time.

Great advice from others here. To add to the list of “nice things to have”

• Boveda or Boost two-way humidity control packs. 62% or 58% for curing
  • Vinegar to clean the dwc tank afterwards
  • H202 to soak the air stone and remove any built up gunk
  • pH & EC probe maintenance kit (Grobo store)
  • Grobo Start - plant your next seed now and transplant into the Grobo when it’s free. Save maybe 3-4 weeks!
  • Nutrients, carbon filter, and peat/coca pods for the next grow
  • A clean, unused glass bowl so you can taste the pure flavor & essence of your flower
5 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo i will definitely check it out…thanks for the advice would you recommend those humidity packs and mason jars too?

2 Likes

@miami5th your always on point thanks so much for the list…what about the mason jar? Would you recommend that , I’ve seen some real fancy ones out there too, that control humidity too?

1 Like

The packs should be going in after drying and curing, if you dried too much adding them earlier wont make a difference
Better to dry right and cure properly. So no not needed

4 Likes