Force a fill to high float level & remote top off

Hi everyone. My ak-47 is in early flush and I will be out of town for 6 days. I have already pushed my cocopod thru the lid so it’s down in there.

I am hoping to fill the water tank to the high mark so she has the most water possible. Since I push the cocopod thru and the plant is super tall I can’t easily lift the lid.

So I was thinking I could shift the schedule to germination and fill while in germ, then switch it back to flush? Thoughts? Any other ideas? I will have a 1 gallon jug sitting on top of the reservoir lid, with the hose in it, to do a partial top up remotely.

5 Likes

Remote top offs. Love this idea.

2 Likes

Remote top off setup - 1 gallon

5 Likes

I’m actually in he same boat as you right now but I will be out 5 days! I figured I’d top it up right before I leave and she should be okay till I return but may do this! Killer idea. My only concern is that I was wondering is it bad to keep an open bottle of water that close to the buds without it having any effect to her? Humidity? Moisture? @SWSVIC @miami5th

2 Likes

Should be okay considering there is another large reservoir of water only inches away, which isn’t in a sealed container either.

I was able to trick out the Grobo to fill to the high float by shifting the schedule to germination, then back to flush once I filled.

2 Likes

You could bore a hole just big enough for the fill tube in the top of your water jug. (Remove the fill tube from the white magnet piece).

3 Likes

I’m going to drill a hole in the cap of a bottle and feed the tube in while it sits in the Grobo, maybe just enough for a mid week top off :+1:t2::fire:

3 Likes

@miami5th,

• (This might work if you change it before it release any [Nutrients]): (Good Call On Removing Your Bottles): :green_thumb:

- - -

--

1 Like

Follow-up. I was away for 1 week and performed the remote top up. It went ok but I did have some issues.

First, I used a one gallon container and the plant needed to drink more. So while performing the “fill” up it kept trying to fill and was stuck in that mode with the green light. Within the app it was stuck on the “filling” function and I couldn’t get out of it. If I went to My Grobo in the app it looked ok but the unit was still stuck in fill mode with the green light.

I ended up doing a remote power cycle and the unit came back to a normal state. Other than that issue it was nice being able to add water remotely.

3 Likes

@Chad_Johnson

Do you have a camera in your unit? Can you confirm that it is not stuck with green light on? :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I do not have a camera in the unit… man, I REALLY hope its not stuck with the green light on…:pray::crossed_fingers:

1 Like