Rusty Pump Hose (Grobo Solid) stripped magnet on door

So I just did my second drain and fill on my Solid that arrived end of August.
I noticed it looks like something in the assembly is starting to rust.
I’m concerned this will contaminate the RO water and potentially the plant itself.
Here’s pic when I looked to do the drain and fill

I’m not sure yet but perhaps its a washer…did the new manufacturing facility switch out to cheaper washers that aren’t stainless perhaps?

As well i noticed alot of light coming from bottom right corner of grobo door and realized the magnet wasn’t properly screwed in and screw was out of the hole and just magnetized to the magnet not securing it. I found the hole is stripped the screw doesn’t tighten just spins…if it was wood I’d just put couple toothpicks in the hole to give the screw something to bite into…not sure what to do to resolve that(minor issue I know) but would love suggestions to fix

3 Likes

I’ve not suffered any rusting issues I had something I thought was rust and it looked like it but it was one of the nutes that spills I think bottle #5, took a bit of elbow grease to clean it off.

Send a ticket in and they should send you a new magnetic hanger.

4 Likes

When doing drain and fills it’s important to keep a paper towel handy to wipe the magnet and hose down before reattaching it to the side of the machine, every time to avoid rust and condensation dripping onto plants.

5 Likes

OK i’m gonna try and take a look behind magnet see whats up, definitely gonna have to be more diligent cleaning and drying it( compressed air to blow out water might help too)., …i was just kinda surprised the end that goes in the water is rusting after 2 weeks and was curious if this is a new development :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would imagine it’s not rust, but nute splash. Get a rag and wipe it off. I’ll bet it comes off after a good little scrubbing :sponge::+1::v::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@Bloodydrake,

This does look concerning: keep us posted on your findings: :thinking:

((#HoseSeperated)):

Summary

:wink:

--

((#BetterSafeThanSorry)):

Summary

--

:rofl:

--

:wink:

1 Like

so i took it all apart and cleaned , no washer just nut screw and magnet…if its dried on nutrients it had to come from factory that way, i don’t think it is, but its possible.
all I’ve done with it is put in RO jug to fill and bucket to drain but always the last thing its in and its submerged is RO water jug. It looks like it might be the quality of the magnet.I scrubbed everything clean with rubbing alcohol best I could(3d printed white piece still has some staining but rough texture doesn’t clean as well) I can’t see any pitting on surface of magnet but time will tell.

Thanks for input and support everyone, this forum really is great. I admit I feel like that new dad at the park bumbling along with all the kid gear while all the experienced parents grin nod and say" been there…done that! :rofl:
I’ll try drying and blowing it out after fills going forward and keep an eye. If it gets worse I’ll post again.

4 Likes