First time grower

You’ll need to get closer in to check those trichomes to really know how far along they are.

It will probably be another month yet if you’re only 1 month into flowering. How much longer did the recipe have scheduled for the flower period?

Looking good in general. :green_thumb:

1 Like

Lol I think the original recipe had my strain (jackherrer) at 21 days. Thanks for your reply tho, so how do people take pictures on here that zooms in on the trichomes

1 Like

Plugable USB 2.0 Digital… Amazon.com : Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 250x Magnification) : Electronics

Great little tool here Marc, easy to use and the suction cup allows you to stick it anywhere in your Grobo when taking pictures.

3 Likes

Are you using the microscope and plugging it into a computer, iPad, or phone?

Hey @Aang using it with a laptop.

1 Like

@Marcdoesbjj,

• (Or you can just zoom in with this Microscope if you don’t want to use a USB): (The USB route gets photo shots to share with [GrowFam]): :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Carson-MicroBrite-60x-120x-Lighted-Microscope/dp/B00LAX52IQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=QMWIHBBTDYU&dchild=1&keywords=jewelers+microscope&qid=1590625914&s=electronics&sprefix=jewel%2Celectronics%2C153&sr=1-3

--

• (We have Not yet got the [BigBud] to try): (But I still want to):

--

2 Likes

Cool! Thinking about getting this and using it with my phone or laptop too.

Should I be concerned if my leaves tips are burned on day 37 of flower. I’ve been adding bigbud every drain and fill

5 Likes

Following, I plan on using big bud too. How much are you currently adding to your fill? Are you adding it straight into your reservoir or mixing it into the water in your fill bucket before filling? If so, how much water are you mixing it into? (Trying to find your ratio)

1 Like

I’m using 1 teaspoon and filling a little over 2 gallons once a week. Then I top it with more water every couple days. This is just my first grow so I’m not sure if every plant does this

1 Like

Got it, to be clear you’re mixing it into your fill bucket prior to pumping into the Grobo correct? If so, how much water exactly are you mixing the teaspoon of big bud with in your fill bucket?

1 Like

I use gallons of distilled water. I mix everything Into the first gallon so I know it will all get used.

2 Likes

Got ya, would be interested to know what @osage and @chris_barfield have to say about this. Instructions on the bottle recommend 2mL per liter which equates to 7.58mL per gallon, that said I know it is not advisable to use additives at full strength in Grobo, at least not at first introduction. Currently you are adding 5mL (teaspoon) to whatever amount your Gobo takes in (a little over 2 gallons based on your observation), so would kinda have to guess as to the ratio of your mixture. Champs, what are your recommendations on running Big Bud?

1 Like

Ive not heard of people using Big Bud before in Grobo - Are you using this during all growth stages, and anyone see benefits here?

1 Like

The instructions on it say to use during week 2-5 of flower. I’ll be running it low strength (like 1/4-1/2) to test it out in a few weeks.

3 Likes

This has peaked my interest. I just ordered some to experiment with.

Current Grobo grow is in flower, and I have a good amount of outdoor plants this year to test on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seems like quite a few are using it with great success. I was actually told by another grower that using Big Bud or another “bud booster” is a “must” in the Grobo.

2 Likes

Im also seeing Bud Candy, seems to be used in conjunction with Big Bud. You look into that one?

2 Likes

Id go with 1ml per liter to start and adjust from there. Fill a bucket with three gals of ph’d ro water and add bud bud. I use three gals because sometimes the system takes three sometimes it takes just less. Either way just add into three gals and use the extra for house plants or a tree in your yard.

3 Likes

I do the same with distilled. 3gal in fill bucket then mix in additives. Great call on giving the remainder to your house plants, going to have some super fruits/flowers in the garden :joy:. @Marcdoesbjj I think it would be wise to use the 3 gallon in a bucket then mix in your additives system in order to better regulate your solution mixture. At 1/4 strength you would mix about 5.5mL per 3 gallons of water, 1/2 strength 11mL, and 22mL at full strength.

1 Like