First time grower

Got ya, would be interested to know what @osage and @chris_barfield have to say about this. Instructions on the bottle recommend 2mL per liter which equates to 7.58mL per gallon, that said I know it is not advisable to use additives at full strength in Grobo, at least not at first introduction. Currently you are adding 5mL (teaspoon) to whatever amount your Gobo takes in (a little over 2 gallons based on your observation), so would kinda have to guess as to the ratio of your mixture. Champs, what are your recommendations on running Big Bud?

1 Like

Ive not heard of people using Big Bud before in Grobo - Are you using this during all growth stages, and anyone see benefits here?

1 Like

The instructions on it say to use during week 2-5 of flower. I’ll be running it low strength (like 1/4-1/2) to test it out in a few weeks.

3 Likes

This has peaked my interest. I just ordered some to experiment with.

Current Grobo grow is in flower, and I have a good amount of outdoor plants this year to test on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seems like quite a few are using it with great success. I was actually told by another grower that using Big Bud or another “bud booster” is a “must” in the Grobo.

2 Likes

Im also seeing Bud Candy, seems to be used in conjunction with Big Bud. You look into that one?

2 Likes

Id go with 1ml per liter to start and adjust from there. Fill a bucket with three gals of ph’d ro water and add bud bud. I use three gals because sometimes the system takes three sometimes it takes just less. Either way just add into three gals and use the extra for house plants or a tree in your yard.

3 Likes

I do the same with distilled. 3gal in fill bucket then mix in additives. Great call on giving the remainder to your house plants, going to have some super fruits/flowers in the garden :joy:. @Marcdoesbjj I think it would be wise to use the 3 gallon in a bucket then mix in your additives system in order to better regulate your solution mixture. At 1/4 strength you would mix about 5.5mL per 3 gallons of water, 1/2 strength 11mL, and 22mL at full strength.

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I learn more and more everyday

3 Likes

A lot of us get the burnt tips regardless of the big bud as well. Just minor nute burn is what it usually is. If it keeps spreading up then you have a more serious problem :+1:

2 Likes

So on Monday I’m putting this jack herer into flush. With the jeweler’s loupe I can see amber trichomes and lots of cloudy ones. I’m excited, thanks to this grobo community!

6 Likes