First time grower

Hey all growers,
I picked up a new hobby and this is my first time growing cannabis. This is a jack herer photoperiod. If anyone has any suggestions or tips for me please let me know. I’ll post more pictures as time goes. Currently I’m in late veg.
Thanks!

4 Likes

It looks really good and healthy so far @Marcdoesbjj. Is there much smell yet?

1 Like

Yeah there is. Not overwhelming but I can definitely smell it in the room I have it in. But I’m a noob and this is all a new experience. I’m sure the smell will intensify once it starts to flower?
But yeah it’s fun, everyday after work I come right to it to check on lil baby jack

1 Like

Hah! I know the feeling, always puts a smile on my face to walk in the room and take a whiff.:pig_nose:

3 Likes

So, you see how my plant looks. But, I’m in late veg and I don’t think a single drop of bottle one has been used. I use only distilled water. Should I not be concerned? All other bottles are well used

That’s a good sign if it’s only modifying the pH in one direction, in this case that’s downward using the 2nd bottle.

If it’s only being used at the same frequency as the other bottles (not any faster than 3,4 or 5 or in large quantities) that’s even better. :green_thumb:

1 Like

Awesome man, thanks for the help!

1 Like

I know I’ve seen the chart of when to start flush. So far I’m on day 27 of flower. Does this look close to completion?

1 Like

You’ll need to get closer in to check those trichomes to really know how far along they are.

It will probably be another month yet if you’re only 1 month into flowering. How much longer did the recipe have scheduled for the flower period?

Looking good in general. :green_thumb:

1 Like

Lol I think the original recipe had my strain (jackherrer) at 21 days. Thanks for your reply tho, so how do people take pictures on here that zooms in on the trichomes

1 Like

Plugable USB 2.0 Digital… Amazon.com : Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 250x Magnification) : Electronics

Great little tool here Marc, easy to use and the suction cup allows you to stick it anywhere in your Grobo when taking pictures.

3 Likes

Are you using the microscope and plugging it into a computer, iPad, or phone?

Hey @Aang using it with a laptop.

1 Like

@Marcdoesbjj,

• (Or you can just zoom in with this Microscope if you don’t want to use a USB): (The USB route gets photo shots to share with [GrowFam]): :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Carson-MicroBrite-60x-120x-Lighted-Microscope/dp/B00LAX52IQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=QMWIHBBTDYU&dchild=1&keywords=jewelers+microscope&qid=1590625914&s=electronics&sprefix=jewel%2Celectronics%2C153&sr=1-3

--

• (We have Not yet got the [BigBud] to try): (But I still want to):

--

2 Likes

Cool! Thinking about getting this and using it with my phone or laptop too.

Should I be concerned if my leaves tips are burned on day 37 of flower. I’ve been adding bigbud every drain and fill

5 Likes

Following, I plan on using big bud too. How much are you currently adding to your fill? Are you adding it straight into your reservoir or mixing it into the water in your fill bucket before filling? If so, how much water are you mixing it into? (Trying to find your ratio)

1 Like

I’m using 1 teaspoon and filling a little over 2 gallons once a week. Then I top it with more water every couple days. This is just my first grow so I’m not sure if every plant does this

1 Like

Got it, to be clear you’re mixing it into your fill bucket prior to pumping into the Grobo correct? If so, how much water exactly are you mixing the teaspoon of big bud with in your fill bucket?

1 Like

I use gallons of distilled water. I mix everything Into the first gallon so I know it will all get used.

2 Likes