First grows

Stretching is done finally. Day 65 recipe is for 74 days which will not be close. For an auto did I do something wrong? Looks good just not what I expected.

![20190919_185223|375x500
(upload://wnU9MLViHO4pMHYr6k6IazTwry9.jpeg)

Should I trim today?

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!
Received my Grobo this morning and I’m now 2 hours into my first grow. Setup was easy; thanks to who ever mentioned getting a large bucket ahead of time!

Humboldt Seeds - Blue Dream.
Really looking forward to the process!

Mike

3 Likes

Mike - I had a similar experience! Just got mine like 2 days ago. Easy setup, just planted a Purple Kush Auto 2 days ago. Anxiously awaiting a sprout to pop out one day!!!

Did you have issues with your fluid screen not becoming see through when activated?

1 Like

I think the fluid screens get “better” over time. I have one unit that is over a year old that looks quite clear when the light button is pressed, but my newer unit can barely see through it until 10-15 seconds after the button is pressed, and even then need to look on an angle to see anything. After a few button presses it gets clearer but not as clear as the older unit does.

I’m hoping after some time they’ll both behave similarly.

1 Like

U could lollipop more🤙

2 Likes

I finally received my grobo!! Very excited I used candy kush for my first grow!!

6 Likes

I’m in 2 days and I just had an question I didn’t want to leave too long - should my coco pod be submerged or at least touching the water?

The unit went through the complete fill and stopped but I’m just worried; I’d be devistated if I got 2-3 weeks in and lost it to such a silly mistake.

Thanks guys,

Mike

2 Likes

Hey Mike.
No. It should not be touching the water. Your coco pod should be flush with the hole in the lid. Your air pump will run 24/7. In doing so, the water will splash up to the bottom of the pod keeping it moist. Your lights will run for 20 hours and be off for 4 hours (1am - 5am) Air pump will always be running. It’s pretty cool. Sit back, I am. 8 days in on my first grow. BTW, all of this has been confirmed to me by Stephen from Grobo. Good luck!!
Kevin

4 Likes

Thanks Kevin,

So my next question is, should my water be bubbling? Or is that something that starts after?

Sorry - thanks guys,

Mike

2 Likes

Bubbling always! That’s the essence of hydroponics.

2 Likes

Shit… well, mine isn’t bubbling lol - here we go.

Thanks Kevin,

Mike

1 Like

Put a ticket in with Stephen at Grobo. But you should try a reset. Unplug it for a minute then start over. Skip through all the setup stages you’v already done, hit next. If not Grobo is quick. Probably read your email to them or post here today.

2 Likes

Always have a spare air pump handy just in case. The internal pump has shit the bed on many of our units and it’s easy to unplug the air line from the internal pump to the external one. I would absolutely get one today as your plant will die very quick regardless of the stage it’s in. In my pic I actually bought a bigger air stone, dropped it in the res next to the other one. Connected the air line, snaked it behind the back of the res, and out the back hatch. Connected it to the pump, plugged pump in and good to go. You could simply unplug the air line from internal pump and connect it to external pump. I like the bigger air stone though. But get that done today!!!

6 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m really confused - I literally bought this yesterday? There’s no way I should be expected to be buying back up gear for it right?

I understand I’ll likely lose the seed but really? My unit is already broken? I’m buying replacement parts lol

I don’t mean to laugh, this was just supposed to … work.

Thanks for the heads up man!

4 Likes

Probably a shipping issue. Have u tried the hard reset? Can u here a pump running? Once it’s up and running well you should be all set too. I’d put the ticket in and try some light diagnoses with forum help.

3 Likes

It’s part of being a prepared grower. Always have backups for backups!! I learned the hard way. I’m trying to help you avoid that, but sometimes we just need to learn the hard way to truly get it…I did many times, now I listen to those who are more advanced than me and I progress much quicker​:joy::joy: I got super ripped last night on this:

A super awake sativa high. Felt like I did several lines of good quality coke, then smoked some really good bud :joy::joy::joy::joy:. Slept like a baby though :fire::fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes

I can feel it over here!

1 Like

She’s not even been curing very long, couple weeks but :fire:

1 Like

Crazy looking. That’s where it’s at…enjoy it

No I certainly appreciate the help guys for sure - just not used to dropping this kind of money on anything really and to be buying backups on day two is just a little scary; as I pull into a hydroponics store.

Is there anything else I should have for backup?
It’s medicine for my fiancée so here’s hoping.

Thanks guys,
Mike

2 Likes