First grow—toooootally clueless

Thicc stalk.

There’s truly no way of knowing the strain definitively.
Could be purple kush! Maybe an indica pheno of purple skunk. Possibly a purple white widow. Possibly some other indica like that gnarly Most Wanted (sour diesel x blueberry) they have down there that looks purple on the stems like that.

Could be a skunk I only say bc the leaves are shiny and the frilled tips are rounded in there I see.

Either way she’s beautiful and I loveeee it

If you have the time and want to I’d say go ahead and look at other peoples grows of similar strains and look at stems/leaves/height and overall growth patterns and try to piece it together.

She sure is a looker :eyes::eyes:

P.S. I’d trim those lanky side chutes coming off the bottoms node. The others are good tho

3 Likes

Well I do remember the conversation that I had when I got it. Couldn’t remember if it was purple haze or purple kush—I was in Nine Mile, Jamaica and Duke shoved a joint in my mouth and lit it before giving me his tour which definitely didn’t help my memory. Looking more and more like it’s not Purple Haze. :smiley:

4 Likes

Did some more defoliation and tied some stuff down. Too embarrassed to post the current situation but maybe if/after it recovers. :rofl:

4 Likes

@haze … Hahahaha

Check Out My Grow… Just Did A Major Defoliation Myself.

3 Likes

Oh, I have. And this may or may not have inspired me to be a little more aggressive.

3 Likes

I actually did some investigating on growdiaries yesterday or the day before for Purple Kush vs Purple Haze and you’re definitely looking more like the Purple Kush… but then your sorta rounded leaves threw me for a loop so I wasn’t too sure.

I still see some clawing going on with those leaves, that’s really weird… I’m assuming you went ahead and did the pH health check since the calibration stuff arrived?

Shouldn’t be embarrassed to post the pics tho :slight_smile: I’m curious to see what you did honestly.

3 Likes

No judgement zone, just learning :green_heart::v:t3: We all have out moments :leafy_green:

3 Likes

Our. Sorry. Learning a second language

1 Like

I did not. I had a support ticket in and based on the response, it sounded like I shouldn’t be too concerned.

2 Likes

@pyromancy @Fluffhead @haze it could just be that this particular strain is really nitrogen sensitive :man_shrugging:t4:
Some strains are, whereas some rely on nitrogen through flower. Sometimes they’re really finicky too!

I also see the clawing but it looks like it may level out.
I’d keep topping off your reservoir with fresh nutes. She’s still very young I think

3 Likes

Yeah the clawing is more than likely nitrogen toxicity as the leaves are also pretty dark green as well. I thought maybe a pH issue but probably not honestly.

I just would want to get this solved before it got too bad, the side effects of nitrogen toxicity can lead to completely stunted plant growth and yellowing of leaves if left untreated.

It’s not terrible or anything but I am kinda curious what one would have to do because the Grobo nutrients provide the Nitrogen

Im also seeing curling and wilting of the lower leaves on the last pics posted specifically in the one from the stalk view, that’s not a good sign. None of the leaves should be sad in appearance really at this stage.

I’m wondering if you can ask Grobo to cut down the nutes in the recipe to see if it helps it, or if you’d have to disconnect the bottles and do a fresh fill with lower levels of nutrients to see if it evens out?

4 Likes

I see those leaves now
I couldn’t tell you why that wilting might be occurring :pleading_face:

2 Likes

@pyromancy & @OrionsCeiling could it be from too much handling? A couple of times I’ve attempted to manually detangle this mess. I plan on letting it rest for a couple of days and then checking back in on it.

3 Likes

It could be. I think that it’s potentially related to the same thing that’s causing the clawing too though just from how they look curled as opposed to damaged. I’ve damaged leaves from handling and they usually appear “broken” or “smashed” with sometimes having holes in them, rather than curled up, but who knows.

I am just trying to help though because I know for a fact the clawing isn’t a healthy thing… trying to help your little one !

4 Likes

Honestly, there are so many factors that could go wrong with this. It isn’t really using the proper recipe for what it is showing itself to be. It could still be male. So. Many. Things. :rofl:

Not too concerned with what happens here… but the SLH seeds that will be next, now with those I need to have figured some things out.

5 Likes

So here’s how it’s doing after yesterday’s brutality. Honestly, looks like it really doesn’t care.

6 Likes

@haze Lookin Good!!
Headed To Cali 'Till Tomorrow Night…
Can’t Wait To See What My Girl Does In That Time!

3 Likes

I loooove it. So healthy

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s definitely better than it looked last night. I was sure that I had hastened it’s death!

1 Like

I think it might be a lil to early for it to shed well from my 2 grows I didn’t see it on mine until stem got thicker. I could be wrong tho if the pod is to wet might want to dry as soon as possible to prevent stem damage on your grow better safe than sorry

2 Likes