First grow—toooootally clueless

Not sure what I’m growing here. It came back with me from Nine Mile in Jamaica. Could’ve been Purple Haze or Purple Kush—I was really high when I bought so I can’t remember. Looking like the leaves have started to droop a little in the last two days. Currently on day 4 of early veg.

13 Likes

Looks good - good luck

3 Likes

leaves probably drooping due to the first introduction to nutrients. it’s common at this early stage of the grow. keep an eye on it and hopefully the leaves perk up in the next couple of days. And welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Welcome! Looks fiyah. Excited to watch the grow. I love Jamaican bud :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

@haze,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

- - -

@haze,

• (How Do Your Bubbles Look):? :question: (Your Leaves Are Droopy Could Be A Sign Your AirStone Is Failing):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 Likes

Welcome Grower :slightly_smiling_face: & Good Luck :wink:!

Btw…

Please be watchful of Dampening off" & if roots have reached the water you needed push your pop up from underneath to allow the pod to dry out Max 2" sticking out😉 Not completely but enough to stop over wetting the pod causing the plants stem to rot at its base

Coco Pod only needs to be really wet when in germination & before the Tap root (Main Big Central Root) has hit the water you can then raise your pod (maybe in Stages)

Plant can be saved if caught early with work so best to avoid if at all possible :wink:

As you can see I’m learning the hard way :roll_eyes:!:sob:!

Moving On :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointers, folks. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks so I’ve been taking a lot of this in. Second water change will be this evening.

2 Likes

Prior to tonight’s drain & fill.

9 Likes

Hmmm I need to grow whatever this strain is right now. I love the purp coming thru already

2 Likes

Hail to thee…and Welcome, to the forum! Two things I can say for sure right now: Go Easy on the Nutes, with seedlings. And: Whatever it is, it sure is Purple lol. Check that stem! Good luck with it. I’m growing a Purple Kush Autoflower right now, myself.

3 Likes

Beautiful :slightly_smiling_face: Pods well raised too :+1::+1:
Good luck :wink:!

Vinegar finally turning up today hopefully so First Magor Clean Flush & off I go again & a LITTLE wiser :flushed:!:roll_eyes:!:rofl:!..

3 Likes

Looks like we will find out what it is together! :smiley:

2 Likes

This will be only the supplies that came from Grobo, I’m adding nothing additional nutrient-wise.

2 Likes

The bottom leaves still have a bit of a droop but the upper leaves look to be reaching upward. How soon should I be able to tell the sex of the plant? Since there are so many unknowns, I would like to shut it down as soon as possible if it’s male.

5 Likes

Good sign all the way around. The bottom leaves will shrivel and fall off, they did their job! Time for the true leaves to come in and do the work.
Old leaves will fall off after the plant grows out of them. Very fun to document and watch over time

And for sexing- you won’t know until you transition in a few weeks :frowning: sorry homie

7 Likes

Then I guess I can stop trying to pay attention and ride it out. :grinning:

4 Likes

@OrionsCeiling is definitely right for the most part, but there is a chance you can determine the sex of your plant earlier than the flip to flower if you are super vigilant and have good eye sight.

Also, another example… @miami5th didn’t you say your current photoperiod had been showing signs of female before you flipped it?

6 Likes

Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Still noticeable growth but I have some concerns looking at the base now. This appears to splitting. Can anyone tell me if this is common or if I am noticing a problem?

7 Likes

Hmm I’m gonna let some others chime in… but to me it kinda just looks like the outer layer of the “skin” is shedding off as it gets stronger, this is pretty normal…I like to think of it as “snake skin”

It does look a little strange though.

8 Likes