First Grow - MK Ultra (ILGM) **HARVESTED 249 Grams**

Thank you!!! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Late Vegetation (Day 29 / 29)

She is about 1-2" (tallest branch is 12" and shortest is 11" tall) below the 2nd fan and today is the last day of late Veg,

Since shes an average sized plant, should I extend late veg or should I let her transition tomorrow?
I’ll clean up and will remove some of the stems that did not make it to the top when I do my D/F.

5 Likes

If she reached that height with no extension I would definitely flip. She is going to stretch.

3 Likes

Agreed! Looking good, let’s see her stretch!

1 Like

Actually, I have already extended her twice in late veg. The days are not actually accurate since I had to transplant her into a different grobo. She was sowed on 7/15

She’s been topped 3 times and grown sideways for about 2" on the main branches if she wasn’t tied down, she would be 14" by now.

1 Like

I got you, in that case it is your call. Risk/Reward: flip now, lower risk of height issues slightly lower yield. Extend further, higher risk of over growth, chance of slightly larger yield (should height issues not arise).

2 Likes

Thanks Vic, she made it to the bottom of fan this morning and I defloliated her last night, removing all stems that did not make it within an inch from the top canopy.

I have rhino skin soaking right now and be doing the rez change in a few.

Looking forward to seeing her take off :rocket:

3 Likes

Transition (Day 1 / 14)

Cleaned her up more and flipped her into transition.Removed the humidifiers and lowered RH to 45-50% with fans.

Rhino Skin half strength
Microbes / microbe food full strength: voodoo juice, tarantula, piranha, bud candy

I also created a spread sheet to track PH / PPM drift and conditions:

Grobo adjusted PPM700 and PH:

2020-09-12 13_47_00-Window

Since this is first day of transition, I will be topping her off every night and afternoon for the first few days to reduce nute burns.

9 Likes

You’re on the ball, going to crush it. :muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

Transition (Day 9 / 14)

Added Big bud (3/4 strength) into rotation and the Grobo PPM looks pretty consistent to last week (without Big Bud).

Took off some of her training wheels, SCropped some of the branches to get them into better real estate and the knuckles are staring to show.

Some photos before small haircut

Mood

More light for the budsites

2 hours later

1 Day Later

I also finally gotten around to moving the rez thermometer to outside the grobo, now I can monitor everything at one location as well as set up my remote camera so I can monitor remotely.

Next, I purchased a RO quick connect water line kit and am planning to reroute the D/F lines to outside the grobo so I can do my D/F remotely and be gone for 2 weeks at a time

10 Likes

I will be doing the same with my D/F lines however, using a larger reservoir instead of a direct feed due to where my grobo is located within the home (no easy access to a water line).

Let me know if you experience any burning with the 3/4 strength Bug Bud. My plant burnt when I introduced it at 1/4 strength.

2 Likes

Hahha I get light burns with just grobo nutes with this generic recipe and no additives (I was told to pull the additives in the beginning but plant still experience minor burn tips and was poisoned by the old grobo, didnt make much of a difference) in the earlier stages. I think my plant could have used 1 more week in early veg to get a bit fatter before ramping up the ppm.

I also noticed that the grobo dosage is about 200 ppm above the GH recommended ranges with their floral series and the ppm is within range when 2 days into the new refill with daily top offs. I am not too concerned with minor burns as the leaves are removed by the time the tips are noticeably brown.

Next grow however, I will go by the plants height and size and respond based on ppm/ph daily ranges rather than just letting it grow on its own.

4 Likes

Very good observations and great plan.

2 Likes

@Vicc this is solid man! Loving it, she moving along nicely

2 Likes

Flower (Day 13 / 39)
Finally some signs of budding soon. She didnt stretch much but I guess she is an average sized plant. I could have gotten more height if I grew her vertical w/scrog instead of sideways in the beginning, but it was fun doing so none the less. I probably stunted her a bunch of times doing so and with the early troubles with growing, its expected :man_shrugging:

I really wanted to try to bend and do as much lst techniques I could since I am using this as a learning experience and the best way to learn is to do.

She’s starting to eat a lot more now so I’m looking forward to see some flower soon :sunflower: :heart_eyes:

The Last 2 weeks, my grobo failed to properly dose the water after filling with:
PPM770 IN = 140
BigBud (Full)
Bud Candy (Full)
Hydroguard (Full)
B-52 (half)
Rhino Skin (half)

I took it that the grobo freaked out with the higher ppm ranges and it wasnt able to balance it so it dumped some Grow then stopped. So I decided to manually dose it myself with the same dosage for week 2 of transition, (I compared against other feeding charts to get an idea of ranges before diving in) good thing we mark our bottles so that made it easy. Then I added the cal-mag until the PPM ranges were close to 1400 (same as the 2 weeks before that and consistent with other feeding charts). I like the results much better doing it manually than when the grobo doses the reservoir, the brown tips didnt even show up since I dosed it myself, even with all my additive. Having a tds monitor really made this easy as well.

This week, I used half of big bud and the grobo was able to dose the fill properly

4 Likes

Flower (Day 15 / 39)

Water change:
BigBud - Half
BudCandy - Half
B-52 - Half
Rhinho Skin - Half (2 hour soak with mixer pump and airstone)
HydroGuard - Double

While doing a water change, I discovered why she started slowing down her growth. It seemed that her roots were caught inside my water pump that leads to the water chiller and was getting mangled up inside there. I took the pump out while carefully removing the roots (there were a few feeder strands that were lost in the process).

I covered the pump with a sock and zip tie and put it back into the gobo then decided to move the grobo into my tent so she can get some better climate conditional love.

I am keeping her on the week 3 flower feeding schedule until I see buds start popping and then I’ll pull Big Bud and introduce overdrive. I also tossed in an extra air stone to help grow back some of the roots

Also leaving the door open in my grobo so she can get some extra light from the grow tent.

and some light pruning

6 Likes

Dang, good catch on the roots! She’s looking nice… those are some very Sativa looking leaves there!

Are you planning a defoliation soon?

4 Likes

Shes been defoliated regularly and liolipopped. The problem is I overcrowded her by bending too much for colas and now light penetration is a nightmare. hahah. Majority of the leaves left are on the top 2 nodes of each cola - branch / stem. I am unsure if its wise to cut some of the colas in the center of the canopy to give it some side lights as it may be too late and I dont want to stunt her growth anymore.

I am using a oscillating fan to move the leaves so there is better light penetration. The leaves are not actually that large, its more the camera angel is deceiving.

This is definitely a lesson learned with the grobo and too much horizontal is a bad idea lol, so my next grow I will just let it go vert and ill just use a scrog and not cultivate any new colas.

I’ll play with more hoizontal growth with my tent instead :wink:

4 Likes

She seemed to respond pretty well to the tent and new light. I was able to bring her canopy average lux from 45k to 65k (optimal).

Also pruned her up some more

6 Likes

This is one of the grows im definitely excited for. Looks so happy atm

5 Likes