First Grow - ILGM GrandDaddy Purple

Hey @AMG,

Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing this pic, something is wrong with your light to make that poor little guy stretch so much. Going to have to start again unfortunately. Can you please contact us at support@grobo.io so we can get you fixed up and growing? Something may have become unplugged in shipping.

Cheers,
Stephen

8 Likes

Whoops! I just submitted a support ticket. Does this mean all the grow kit that came with it Is wasted as well?

You can probably reuse the coco pod. So the only thing wasted would be the seed. Also, your nute bottles should’ve come with lids with a hole in them for the hose. I would recommend putting those caps on as your nutes can evap if just open, so I’ve heard.

3 Likes

Grobo unit fixed with light working out. I reused the coco pod with a new seed and started back up now. Here’s a pic and will update in a week. Also mine didn’t come with the bottle caps so I reached out to support to get them.

6 Likes

Glad they got you up and running! You could always take a drill and drill the caps the bottles came with, totally up to you. I would make the holes a little larger than the hose so they don’t create a suction within the bottle if you choose to do so.

2 Likes

New caps are on the way from grobo team, amazing customer service!

Day 4 on the redo of the grow and things are looking good. We have sprouted!

8 Likes

@AMG,

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling: (:eyes:)

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart::baby:

- - -

• ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob: (If you had of caught it sooner then we would have saved this little one easily): :frowning:

• (#EarlyShowing):

(RIP): (ClickHere):
  • ((#RIP)): :sob: ((#IFeelYourPain)): :sob: ((#SorryForYourLoss)): :sob:

[ https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=rip ]:

Green Crack - Sativa - Grows - #6 by SilverGrobo - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

• (SoSorryThisHappened): (HeartEquals): :equals: :cry:

--

• (RIP): :hole: :coffin: :sob:

- - -

• (SeeAbove): (:point_up:)

- - -

--

:infinity:

3 Likes

No worries! The new one is doing much much better. Here is today!

5 Likes

Day 17 looking good, I’m going to top it probably next week depending on growth. Thoughts?

5 Likes

Looking great, I’m toward the end of flower with the same genetics. Really hardy plant, great first grow, you’re going to enjoy it. You’ll want to top by cutting your main stem between the 4th and 5th node, wait until you have enough space under the 5th node in order to leave about a 1/4 inch “nub” above the 4th node after you’ve cut. See topping tutorial below, this will tell you everything you need to know and more:

2 Likes

Thank you! Think I will need to wait another week and a half or so. Appreciate the guidance. I’ll post a pic prior to topping to make sure we are looking good.

2 Likes

Here is day 21, I think we are ready to top. Thoughts?

4 Likes

I’d say so, make the cut!

1 Like

The deed is done!

4 Likes

Good work :+1:t2:

1 Like

Toping was successful at getting additional growth. Question… some of my leaves have brown spots on them any idea if this is bad?

3 Likes

I would remove those larger leaves that are browning. They are certainly not doing any good for your plant. Are you seeing any similar markings on new growth? I can’t quite tell from the pic. Also, can you post a pic of your nutrient bottles showing what has been used from each?

Here’s a close up and the bottles. Looks like the red one Is lower than the rest.

1 Like

2 Likes

Appears to be a Calcium deficiency which I’m willing to bet is due to a pH issue, do you happen to have a handheld pH probe to test your water? Did you calibrate your grobo pH probe prior to starting your grow?

1 Like