First Grow - CBD Blue Shark

Hey everyone!

On day 10 of my first grow - CBD Blue Shark from Barney’s. I’m hoping to be mostly hands off. But if I keep you guys posted, any recs and tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

L

2 Likes

Day 8

6 Likes

Day 10 (today)

8 Likes

Looking good there and welcome to the AG community :wave::seedling::blush:!

3 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• ((#StagesInAGrow)): :1234:

- - -

@leao,

• (#YourGrowYourCall): (She Is So Small It Might Be A Good Call): (She May Not Like The [LateVeg.] Nutrients): (Is Your Top Of Your [Coco-Pod] Dry On Top):? (It Should Be At This Stage):

• (For Low Humidity, You Could Have A Small Humidifyer In The Room ‘Away’ From The Grobo):

- - -

@leao,

- - -

@leao,

• ([Drain/Fill] The Day Reading [Flush] On Your App; For Each Week You Keep Her In Flush): (Fill Every Couple Days Each Week In Flush): (Check Your Bubbles To See If They Still Making Bubbles): (Droopy Leaves [:leaves:] Could Be A Sign Of Not Enough Of Either [Water/Bubbles]):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Looking good and welcome!!

1 Like

Awesome. Nice meeting everyone and thanks!

1 Like

Actually one quick question on temps. The Grobo is in a closet in a spare bedroom. Current temp in the room is 66F, but the closet seems to be much warmer. Hoping that keeping that door open will bring the temperature down a bit. Should this be a major concern right now?

I did order a water temperature sensor, so hopefully I’ll have that at some point next week.

3 Likes

The temperature inside the Grobo is usually warmer than outside of the machine. If you’re worried about the temps being too high you can run a fan that blows right into the removable back panel of the Grobo - that might help lower the temp a bit. Do you have a hygrometer to monitor your temp and humidity? You can get one on Amazon such as this:

I also recommend getting Hydroguard to prevent root rot.

2 Likes

Thanks Aang. Purchased both on Amazon, so I should get them today.

1 Like

Here’s day 2 of Early Veg

3 Likes

So I just refilled the water with Hydroguard. The hygrometer had a reading of about 88 degrees. Bedroom temp was only about 66 degrees, but the closet was about 78 with the door closed. I’m going to keep the closet door open for the time being and monitor the temp. Thanks.

1 Like

Here’s day 4 of early veg:

3 Likes

Hi everyone - looking for a little advice here. Per Aang - I bought the hydrometer and the humidity levels were very dry - about 20%. I bought a humidifier which was set up yesterday. The room room humidity level is now at 55, so hopefully that should be a non issue moving forward. I started Hydroguard last week and then started Revive and Recharge this week.

Just wondering if I should push Early Veg an extra week or wait until Late Veg to see if see if we’re all clear.

3 Likes

Here she is at Day 11 of Early Veg.

3 Likes

Hey everyone. Here’s day 4 of Late Veg. There’s some discoloration on some of the leaves. Anything to be concerned about right now?

3 Likes

Don’t worry too much about that. That lower growth typically ends up looking pretty crappy the longer the plant goes on. I removed my lower stuff in waves as my plant grew, but some people say to leave them for awhile because they can sometimes act as a “First warning” of any problems that might travel up north.

To me it looks very minimal, and all your new growth looks great! Keep an eye on it though. Props being proactive and asking ahead of time. The champs here can help you survive any potential issues if you’re unsure and early detection can be key.

5 Likes

The only thing to possibly take note of is the “clawing” of the ends of your leaves. It is very minimal and I am not trying to scare you that anything is actually wrong, but That might be due to a number of things

growweedeasy.com says that some of the potential causes are

Nitrogen Toxicity (typically in Flower)
Wind burn
Overwatering
Underwatering
Root issues

Just to do a quick checklist

-Do you have a fan facing on her that might be a little too powerful?
-How does your stalk look down by the cocopod? Is there any discoloration or mushiness where it meets the pod? How wet does the pod feel overall to the touch?
-Have you taken a quick peak at the roots recently? Are they looking okay?

Again, don’t be alarmed, overall she’s looking good, just curious about these factors mentioned.

3 Likes

Thanks for the follow up!

No fan as of yet.
Cocopod is a little damp, but doesn’t feel “wet”.
Here’s are pictures of the stem and roots. I’ve never notice those little dots on the roots until today.

Current temp inside the grobo is 70.3 and humidify is at 36.

3 Likes