FireBall's first grow

Day 6 got a tap root now :muscle:t5: Should the pod not touch water below now just the root?

5 Likes

The Grobo should automatically control the water level according to which phase of the grow you are in, your water level looks the same as mine

1 Like

Today day 7 I noticed despite moving coco pod up 1 in. Yesterday it still seemed soaked I decided to move it up an additional 1/2 in. allowing only the tap root which doubled in size over night to be exposed to the water at the bottom of the platform…we shall see…trying to avoid the damping off! Are my temps ok? Could that be the reason?

1 Like

To be honest I’m not 100% this is my first grow as well so I’m not sure if pulling the pod up like that is to your benefit or not we shall see

2 Likes

Mini fans circulating air in the unit will help dry the pod out faster. If you can set them on a low setting you can aim them at the pod as long as they aren’t blowing your little seedling around like crazy. I will say that’s probably one of the highest pods I’ve seen to date.

Edit: Temps are fine. You’re possibly going to have to move it back down when you go to early veg as the water level will drop. Wet pod during germ is completely normal to keep the seed wet to crack and allow it to start growing.

3 Likes

Just moved it back I was over thinking it appreciate the advice for sure!

3 Likes

5/14 Early Veg ….any thoughts ? Everything seems fine…roots are white water temp below 72 ……

1 Like

I’m on my first grow also day 3 early vegetation can’t seem to get my temperature right I might have to move my grobo to the basement. Water temperature 76 degrees inside temperature 82 w/lights on 77 w/off

1 Like

I have mine in a closet in the office closet doors never close, my wife keeps it pretty cool in the house im guessing that is keeping the Grobo comfortable on its own so far…. I ordered a water thermometer and a camera so i can keep better look in on her also have some fans on the way.

I also have the camera and water thermometer now I’m trying to figure out how post pictures on this site.

4 Likes

Wow shes a beauty! Yours looks alot further along than mine…what strain you have there? Mine is a feminized Gelato.it was recommended because it stays low and bushy :man_shrugging:t5: I shall see

2 Likes

Well i cut my losses today with this little guy at day 22! Roots hadn’t gained any inches in days and they appear to be turning brown despite water temp of only 73…today I started over with a pre germinated seed the tap root was 1.5 inches almost when i put it in the coco pod this time i will make sure to pull the pod up once roots get thru and I have ordered some hydroguard too ….not sure what else could be my issue really…a tad frustrating but im pushing on!

2 Likes

That’s a GREAT attitude to have! Roots look ok to me, but the plant itself doesn’t look happy at all. My only other thought would be to do a PH health check and possibly submit a support ticket.

2 Likes

I honestly think I had a case of damping off just knowing how water soaked my pod still was early on. I did the PH and calibration all before planting with thoughts that I was good to go…also just completed another check prior to starting this grow…everything seems to be checking out on my end so maybe it could be the system itself. I will see how this one goes having pre germinated as i seen that being recommended….if that fails I know ill need the team at grobo then for sure lol…for now as a disabled vet all I have is time!

2 Likes

As I zoomed in on the picture from above, you might be correct. Lower in the hole of the pod, the stem does look restricted but a little hard to tell. For this grow, start with the pod about an inch above the lid. The pod will stay wet enough to help your roots and seed grow, but it will also help it start to dry out from the beginning.

As a fellow vet, thank you for your service!

2 Likes

Yeah i can remember reading in this panel of course now after the fact not to put seed so far down in coco pod, however when i pulled my seed out my little happy self just dropped it down as far as the eye could see in that hole lol!!! Which thinking back was rather deep… so unknowingly :man_shrugging:t5: ….

Its An Honor thank you as well!

1 Like

- - - [2021-09.02]:

Sep 2, 1:50 AM

@FireBall,

• (I_ :eye: Give The [#RootToWater] Method): (When Roots Hit The Water [Long Enough], -Then- Dry Entire Pod Out, [NotBefore]):

• (Roots Are In The Water, Then You Want Your Entire Pod Dried Out):

• ([SomeTimes] This Could Happen): (One Grower Saved Their Sprout):

{AmazingSave}:

~~~

- - - [2021-09.16]:

@FireBall,

• (This Is Not Common): (We Don’t Know What Each Recipe Requires): (Check To See If You Have A Pinch In The Lines):

• (PutInATicket): [:ticket: :tickets: :sos:]: {ClickHere}:

• (You Can Put In A Ticket [:tickets:] To See If Support Can Offer Some Insite On This [UnCommon] Phenomenon):

~~~

- - - [2021-10.01]:

@FireBall,

{:top:}:

• (I_ :eye: Successfully_ :green_thumb: Left That Nub_ palm_tree..-- (2)): {:laughing:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.06]:

@FireBall,

~~~

- - - [2021-10.20]:

@FireBall,

~~~

- - - [2021-10.27]:

@FireBall,

• (Sorry To Read_ :open_book: This): (She Is Showing You Shock_ :grimacing:, -And- She Should Recover_ :face_with_thermometer: From This): (Try Not To Do This Too Often): (These Plants Are Resilient):

• [‘Resilient’]: {:mag:}:

• [‘Resilient’]: {:mag_right:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-10.28]:

@STANK,

• (Great Reply): {:smiley:}:

~~~

- - - [2021-11.04]:

@FireBall,

~~~

- - - [2021-11.11]:

@FireBall,

• (Keep Your Water_ :droplet: Tank Full Now, And Keep Both_ :two: Sensors Cleaned_ :bathtub: Often):

• (Your Leaf_ :leaves: Tips Are Showing Signs Of Cannibalizing_ :fallen_leaf: On [ItSelf]): (Fresh Nutes Weekly [Drain/Fills]):

~~~

- - - [2021-11.17]:

@FireBall,

~~~

- - - [2021-12.14]:

@FireBall,

~~~

@FireBall,

• (The Pistil: = Consists Of The [Stigma/Style/Ovary]):

Stigma_Flower..~~

.{ClearTrichome}:Mater_Bubble..~~

• (Trichomes Get [Clear/Cloudy/Amber/] + Too Late Harvesting They Can [Fall Off]):

Fall..1~~ (5)

~~~

- - - [2021-12.16]:

@FireBall,

.{:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

2nd time is a charm for me hopefully! Day 9 of germ seems to be doin much better this time I allowed seed to pop in damp napkin for 5 days did not allow seed to go deep in pod cut pod down side to allow for easy insert of seedling. Got the fans now using the hydro guard too hoping to see a transition here now that im going into early veg in 2 days. Pod is dry, roots are long enough and drinking hope I didn’t miss anything this time :muscle:t5::pray:t5:

3 Likes

Day 2 early veg. Definitely seems like she’s coming along!

3 Likes

How are you coming along?