Extend Flower shift and remove top big leaves?

Hi everyone,
super glad to join nice AllGrowers community!

First grow ever and went for Gorilla Glue Auto :drooling_face: (under Royal Gorilla Auto settings -75 days)
I strictly followed my 'bo instructions and am today at Flower 20/24.

Yesterday I realized, reading & learning from you all, that I should have trimming/lollipop bit her, earlier.
And finally went for some removal of bottom+big leaves to get it all brighter… reasonably (I believe)

What 'm today wondering is:

should I 7d extend the Flower shift as I’m 20/24 and I’m feeling buds would miss a bit before to go 10d’s Flush. May be just a wrong feeling (not 100% sure what Flush is in details frankly speaking).

also I still have some top big leaves expanding daily basis, and hiding little growing bud below: should I remove straight now that I’m approaching end of the program (day 58/75).

Here is two pictures to illustrate.
Many thanks for any guidance and any advises !

3 Likes

Shes just starting to show her bud sites. Im not experienced with autos but id say you have at least 20 to 30 days left. Looking good though.

3 Likes

I have a question most autos I see haven’t grown pass the second fan and all autos I’ve seen are small plants what is the avg yield off and auto

1 Like

Dont know. Id day average harvest is under 50g. Autos imho arent better in the grobo. What you lose in growth time vs photoperiod you lose in harvest.

5 Likes

thanks @Todd.grobo !

Hi @Stephen,
any advice by chance please (mostly should I extend Flower step by a week)?

thanks all

Obviously my new tag doesnt instill confidence in my advice.
@Bplatinum9
@Mpower11
@Chad_Johnson
All can confirm for you. Shes got a ways to go. But shes looking ok for now.

6 Likes

Autos will continue to grow through the flower stage. By pruning the way you did it’ll slow down the growth until the plant recovers. Which is OK with the photo plant but auto‘s internal clock keeps ticking

Because of their fast lifecycle it is also recommended that you don’t top and prune Autos all that much. The general rule is more of leaf leaf tucking. If you out of time with the flower cycle I would extend you have lots of time to go still.

Majority of my experience is with photo not autos.

5 Likes

thanks for the connects mate! will follow your advise

3 Likes

Thanks for your valuable words and advice!

Lesson taken, I’ll extend the cycle by a week and will not prune anymore, understood.
(and I will go for photo next time, to experience the difference photo/auto)

will share fresh pic over the weekend

4 Likes

Feel free on getting a second opinion on pruning Autos like I told you before it’s not where my expertise lies. But what I told you was the general rules

1 Like

understood, thanks

1 Like

@xoolit,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

- - - [2021-06.08]:

@xoolit,

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

- - - [2021-06.21]:

@Cannabis_rell,

• (This Will Help You To Grow): {:wink:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo,

I agree, that tag was bugging me too. I fixed it for you. :wink:

Cheers,
Stephen

6 Likes

Lol that works. Cheers

5 Likes

3 Likes

Male plant right ?

4 Likes

@Bplatinum9

2 Likes

Oh wow! Yes I would say so!
Dang rell,
If you have any females in the same room I would take that outside and hope nothing released in the air!
Look on the bright side, you won’t have to buy those seeds anymore! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

yeah sucks dude. First grow i did in grobo was a dude. Best to get it out right away imo. Never want to see those again hehehe

4 Likes

No have all other females elsewhere

5 Likes